Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

How do I record from a sequencer on a PC into the TD-10 automatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I record from a sequencer on a PC into the TD-10 automatically?

Just before you guys say so, I am not a dunce, I have connected up the MIDI cables to the right places, as it is transmitting and sending signals and stuff back and forth.

And again before you ask, I have RTFM and found out that what I need is on p103 from the middle of the left column downwards. However, I have followed all of the instructions given and still get this problem:

BTW, I have checked and double-checked everything here.

I get as far as step 8. However, when in REC STANDBY mode, the REC STANDBY screen is up, as expected, but when I press PLAY in my sequencer, the TD-10 doesn't start recording automatically. I am at a loss for what to do, so please someone help me!

I also have the TDW-1 expansion board, so is the procedure different for it, or the same?

Help!

------------------
    "HEY! Is that my donkey you're coveting?!"
    "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

When I mean that it's not recording, I mean that the REC STANDBY screen is up, but I press PLAY on the PC Sequencer and it doesn't automatically record (REC STANDBY screen is still up when I press PLAY on the sequencer; TD-10 appears to be waiting for me to press PLAY on it.

Strange. How can I get it to receive the PLAY message from the sequencer instead of me?

Comment

(Sorry about this!!)

Just to clarify, "Sync Mode" option in "PATTERN | FUNC | GLOBAL" menu is on "AUTO", as said in the manual.

Comment

Hello,
        I am using a TD7 but I am sure the same concept is used.
        Could your TD10 be waiting for a MIDI clock from your PC Sequencer? On the TD7 I set the SYNC mode to "MIDI" instead of the other option which is "INTERNAL". And then I also had to set the MIDI Settings on the software to output MIDI clocks through the Modem port which is what I am connecting the MIDI stuff to. When doing the above, I can get the TD7 to start recording only when I press "PLAY" on my PC.
        What other sync modes are available on your TD10?

Fon

Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
        Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!!

I set the Sequencer to Transmit MIDI Start/Stop Clock and it worked fine. Thanks!

And on the TD-10, there are: INTERNAL, EXTERNAL, AUTO and MIDI->DELAY.

INTERNAL and EXTERNAL do what your TD-7 does, AUTO combines the elements of both i.e. either the TD-10 or sequencer accepts/transmits MIDI clock from/to the other device.

Not sure what MIDI->DELAY does for certain though? Any help/ideas/ways of explaining it better than the manual?

Comment

Working...
          X