Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland V-Session pads vs. Hart??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland V-Session pads vs. Hart??

I'm getting ready to buy one or the other; I've searched the forum for roland vs. hart and other configs but not got a straight answer.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks,

NWM

gonna by a kit or a single drum? i use the hart snare(pro).it eliminated the hotspot issue the pd-120 was having.....as far as toms i use 2 pd-100's and 3 pd-120's.......i'll be getting two 8" hart toms(pro)i love em all but the hart snare works better as a snare FOR ME than the pd-120 did.as for cymbals......the v's are sweet.hope this helps. this opinion formed with the aid of the td-10 w/tdw-1 exp.no animals were harmed during this post.
    Attached Files
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Thanks,

I wanted to get either all Hart equip. w/ the TD-10 w/expansion or the V-Session Kit. I do like the V-cymbals quite a bit; the metal Hart ones might take some getting used to.

Comment

depends,is noise an issue?if so stick with the v-cymbals.
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Hey GRRAVEE, I am seriously thinking about replacing my PD-120 snare with the Hart Pro, but I am concerned with the noise level. From what I have read, the Hart Pro snare is louder than the PD-120, but just how much louder? Let's say the PD-120 is a 3 on a noise scale of 1 to 10 (arbitrary, I know, but I need a way to compare noise levels). What would the Hart be?

NewWorldMan, if you decide to go with the v-cymbals, I personally think they are excellent products and would compliment a setup of Hart Pro drums just fine. They are relatively quiet, trigger well, and look good. The only major downside is price.
          Last edited by ufotofu; 07-18-02, 10:22 AM.
          Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Thanks all-

I'll probably go with the V-Session Kit; if I need to go to the Hart Snare, then I'll just have an extra tom

Noise is an issue; I just sold my monster DW/Paiste kit on Ebay. Going to miss it (the neighbors won't)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ndexURL=0&rd=1

NWM
            Last edited by NewWorldMan; 07-18-02, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know I couldn't link to Ebay.

Go to ebay and see it. I miss it and it hasn't even been picked up...

Comment

fixed it...

Comment

hey ufotofu..................my audibility test is complete.primative but complete.on a scale of 1 to 10.placing the pd120 at 3........the hart snare would be a five but a lower pitch.the pd-9 in comparison would be a 7,lower pitch still.the v-hat and v-ride i would say are a 6 w/higher pitch than the hart snare.hope this helps.i must say the "hot spot is gone on the hart.it's sweet.plus ya get to toss another 12" tom to the rack.good luck man.
                  Attached Files

Comment

my wife just added........ IT'S A FOUR.i hope she's talking about the drum

Comment

Thanks GRRAVEE! It's high time I forked over a couple hundred bucks to Hart!
                      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Hello NWM

You must be in mourning - regardless of the excitement of anticipation of a new e-kit. What a gorgeous kit you sold! I hope the buyer appreciates the bargain he just recieved.

Well, on ward and upward, eh? Welcome to e-drumming.
                        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

hey ufo.....after you receive the hart gimme a tug and i'll let ya know the settings. and remember this the hart snare must be really really tightly tuned.more than you would think.theres no cone in the center like the roland.see ya soon.

Comment

Thanks GingerBaker

I am already missing them and I just closed the auction today. The guy who bought them is a pro drummer and is going to record next month in a studio owned by Tesla. So at least they will live on...

E-Drums...I'm back!!!! Simmons in the 80's, now Roland V in the 00's (just doesn't sound right for some reason; come on 10's!!!!) (...hmmm, not much better).

NWM

Comment

Hey,

My Pro Snare just arrived from Florida this morning. I'm cranked about trying it this evening after work. For you guys that have them already I'd be interested to know your settings so I can maybe get a leg up based on the work of those adventurers who blazed the trail ahead of me. I'll be using it with my TD-10 exp.

Thanks.

Mark
                              TD-10 exp, TMC-6, Hart Pro Snare, PD-120, PD-100, PD-80, KD-120, CY14R/C, CY12R/C, CY15R, CY12H

Comment

Working...
                              X