Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recording from TD-10 to a Sequencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording from TD-10 to a Sequencer

Hello. This is my first post to this group, and I thank you for having me. My brother bought a TD-10 kit that includes the Roland drum and "cymbal" pads. We would like to record his playing on the TD-10 into my computer based sequencer. I am able to use the sequencer to playback Midi drum tracks using the TD-10. However, nothing we play on the TD-10 pads is recorded to the sequencer. More troubling, my Midi interface (Opcode 64X) does not register incoming Midi signals from the TD-10.
    Here are the steps I've taken to try and correct this problem.
    1) Connect Midi In and Out of TD-10 to Midi Out and In (respectively) of Opcode Midi interface
    2) Select Midi channel for drum part
    3) Turn off Local Control

When I then strike a drum pad, the Midi interface does not register the reception of incoming Midi data.

Any suggestions? Thanks jmp

What computer are you using? If it's a Mac and you're using the OMS drivers you may have to run OMS Studio Setup again to see if your system thoroughly recognizes the TD-10. I had the same problem initially, and running Studio Setup again remedied my troubles Don't know about the PC, maybe someone else can help with that.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Or maybe it could even be simpler than what mcconaghy said. Maybe you just need to check the MIDI cable. Maybe that's causing you problems 'cos it's naff or something...
      "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Working...
      X