Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can anyone find a problem with what I'm doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find a problem with what I'm doing

Hi, I always find great advice and I'm hoping you people can give me some on this.

To make a long story short, I wanted to maximize my use out of the TD-8 that I own and group pads in certain ways that would be easy to control. Well what ended up happening was that I used my "kick 1/2 input" to assign two different voices (via an "insert cable") to a pole pad with two trig zones. (I just put various perc sounds on them) This way I could control the two voices with one fader, the "Kick Fader"
    Well then, for the kits that I am using, I had to put the kick voices somwhere, and so without going through the list of what other triggers are plugged into, my kick voices (being played through a KD-120) ended up being assigned to the "HH input". (note: I am using a stereo cable from my KD-120 to the "HH input" on the TD-8. So I now control the Kick trigger with the "HH fader" (I know it seems like I'm going out of my way to be complicated but if none of you see anything wrong with this, it will deffinetly be a very good set up for me.)

Now that you see the set up, here is the question:
    Am I doing any bad things (hurting any of my equipment presently or down the line) by playing my kick trigger, plugged into the "HH input" using a stereo cable. I'm asking for several reasons. 1 In the past I had problems with the signal from the KD-120 to the TD-8 by the connecting them the way they were suppossed to be connected but using a mono cable, KD-120 going into the "KICK 1/2 input" because I was using a mono cable instead of a stereo one. 2. I don't know if the KD-120 triggered signal needs to leave through a stereo cable. 3. I don't know if the TD-8 can only accept specific mono or stereo cable's in specific inputs. (I'm pretty new to the whole electronic thing, sorry for my niavity) 4. Is the KD-120 wired a certain way to need stereo cable to close circut or something. is the KD-120 a stereo trig, why would they supply me with a stereo cable to use on it if I can use an insert cable to connect two of them into the "Kick 1/2 input" which acually has a MONO end in each KD-120 that leads to a stereo end that goes into the TD-8.

Sorry the message is so long but any help woud be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again,
    Daniel

well since you are yesfan. my fave yes disks are tales from...(1973) and relayer (1974) saw the tour as well.

Comment

The people on this web site rock!!

Thank you both "Harlock" and "Feefer" for your valuble info.
      and to answer the other YES fan, I would have to say that the whole span of the 70's was my fav YES era. I would even clump "DRAMA" in there, which was released in 1980. Were you talking about about the Symphonic tour. If so I went to that one as well, It was a dream come true to see specific songs preformed live, like "Close to the Edge"," And You And I", "Ritual", ofcourse "Gates of Delirium","Perpetual Change", "Long Distance Runaround", you get the point. But now that Wakeman is back, it is a must that I see them for that line up!

Thanks again to knowlagable people who helped me on this question.

If anyone has anything that they would like to add, please do. I'm trying to grow as much as I can, as quick as I can

Comment

Re: The people on this web site rock!!

I got to see 3 Yes concerts in the 70's. Close to the Edge, Tales from Topographic Oceans and Relayer all in Philly. (I think they were the three - I know they were in Philly - Hey, I lost a lot of brain cells over the years, ya know what I'm sayin?). What an experience and what a bunch of muscians!
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Re: The people on this web site rock!!

Originally posted by yesfanman
          I would have to say that the whole span of the 70's was my fav YES era. I would even clump "DRAMA" in there, which was released in 1980. Were you talking about about the Symphonic tour. If so I went to that one as well, It was a dream come true to see specific songs preformed live, like "Close to the Edge"," And You And I", "Ritual", ofcourse "Gates of Delirium","Perpetual Change", "Long Distance Runaround", you get the point. But now that Wakeman is back, it is a must that I see them for that line up!

I've always been partial to Tormato. I know, I know....
          WMP

(Weapon of Mass Percussion)

Comment

I LOVE TORMOTO,

I think that it is one of the most under rated YES LP. Just listen to
            the way that "Circus of Heaven" does this beautiful crecendo through all the verses, the propeltion of "Release Release", the magic of "Silent Wings of Freedom", I think it is a great LP

Comment

....man i guess you just had to be there.For my croud of friends tormoto was a Major bring down. Of the 10 or so friends in my group, one was hot for this disk. I saw this tour 3 times (1978). while the lp was made pop and sweet sounding, live future times...(and more so) silent wings of...were heavy sounding tunes more like tales from...etc. I had live tapes from this era, the live show had a lot more guts than the lp. Other cool things about about this tour dept: The first time yes played in the round ( I still have the tour book and t-shirt), chris s. had the first harminonizer i ever hurd, rick w. had the first keybd that could be played like a gituar, Allen W. had north drums.for the first time since i seen then they played stuff from the first 2 lp's.

Comment

Working...
              X