Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Direct outs and headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct outs and headphones

I'm a soundman for a show and our drummer (his English is not that good) just got the TD-10 kit. I want to take the cymbals from Direct out 1, the toms and perc from Direct out 2, the snare direct out 3 left and the Kick direct out 3 right. The problem we're having is the panning of the kick and snare in his cans. Is there any way I can take a seperate out for Kick and snare and for him to keep them centre in his headphone mix? This seems to me to be the best way to distibute the sounds and he can have all his ambience and FX settings in his cans.
    Thanks

>> Is there any way...

No!

Heheheheh, I live for these moments...

But I guess you could route a reversed stereo pair of the snare and bass from your board to his TD-10 mix-in and if he equalized the gain just right they'd be back dead center!

Shucks, you can do it. Ruined my day.

Comment

You can if you have the TDW1 expansion version of the td 10.

The upgrade allows for global direct outs and global (factory default) center panning.
      The way we work is for the board to send back the signal to a separate monitor, not through the td 10.

------------------
      Drumser
      Drumser

Comment

Originally posted by drumser:
        You can if you have the TDW1 expansion version of the td 10.

The upgrade allows for global direct outs and global (factory default) center panning.
        The way we work is for the board to send back the signal to a separate monitor, not through the td 10.

I think you are missing something here. The global direct out feature doesn't fix his problem. It sounds like he's doing the Cymbals in stereo, D1 L&R; Toms & Perc in stereo, D2 L&R; Snare, D3 hard left; Kick, D3 hard right. I don't see what the global has to do with getting the snare and kick panned in the center for his headphones. If Mr. Soundman is using dry sounds and outboard signal processing, perhaps using the master out for the snare and Direct 3 for the kick would allow him to pan on center and solve his problem.

As far as your comment about sending him a separate mix, that's also a solution.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited June 14, 2001).]
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Bingo Boingo!

Comment

Working...
          X