Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can we swap individual patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we swap individual patterns?

Hey! Dzanybody know if it's possible to swap patterns the same way we can drumkits on the TD10?
    I see in VKitTrans that only all 50 patterns can be dumped, but there was mention of Roland addressing that.
    Maybe some progress has been made?

Looking at the MIDI chart, I doubt it though.

But it might be possible to write something that could edit the 50-pattern dump file and then re-upload the whole thing with different patterns...maybe..yeah..

- the Vdrumber
    Uh.....one--ee--an'--uh--too--ee--an'--uh...

Use an outboard sequencer that will create standard .mid files.

Comment

Thanks, Lee!

Would that provide a way that we could all share our patterns with each other if we wanted to? Can a .mid file just contain a single pattern?
      Uh.....one--ee--an'--uh--too--ee--an'--uh...

Comment

>> Would that provide a way...
        Yep.

>> Can a .mid file just contain a single pattern?

A .mid file is much more versatile than the TD-10 pattern, and yes, a .mid file can contain just a single pattern.

Before Brian & Eric started this site, there was a bunch of shared knowledge on Jeff Kiel's VDrum list about vast stores of pre-programmed .mid's that the vdrummers used for practice/play along.

I'd be surprised if there ain't a raftload on this site doin' something similar.

Comment

Working...
        X