Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we swap individual patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we swap individual patterns?

Hey! Dzanybody know if it's possible to swap patterns the same way we can drumkits on the TD10?
    I see in VKitTrans that only all 50 patterns can be dumped, but there was mention of Roland addressing that.
    Maybe some progress has been made?

Looking at the MIDI chart, I doubt it though.

But it might be possible to write something that could edit the 50-pattern dump file and then re-upload the whole thing with different patterns...maybe..yeah..

- the Vdrumber
    Uh.....one--ee--an'--uh--too--ee--an'--uh...

Use an outboard sequencer that will create standard .mid files.

Comment

Thanks, Lee!

Would that provide a way that we could all share our patterns with each other if we wanted to? Can a .mid file just contain a single pattern?
      Uh.....one--ee--an'--uh--too--ee--an'--uh...

Comment

>> Would that provide a way...
        Yep.

>> Can a .mid file just contain a single pattern?

A .mid file is much more versatile than the TD-10 pattern, and yes, a .mid file can contain just a single pattern.

Before Brian & Eric started this site, there was a bunch of shared knowledge on Jeff Kiel's VDrum list about vast stores of pre-programmed .mid's that the vdrummers used for practice/play along.

I'd be surprised if there ain't a raftload on this site doin' something similar.

Comment

Working...
        X