Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PD-120 Clamp Broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-120 Clamp Broke

Okay, I have a gig tomorrow night. I'm hearing a rattle sound in my kick drum during rehearsal so I check it out. I find that the PLASTIC clamp that is mounted to the inside of the drum and clamps around the stand is broke. ARGH!!!!

I immediately called Roland and talk to parts. Turns out the part is back ordered for 3 weeks. Does anyone have a suggestion that will get me by until I can get a new clamp? Or do you know some other source that would have the part? When I do order, I will definately be ordering more than 1.

I've done my search here but haven't found any previous posts on this. Has anyone had problems with the clamp? I really tried not to tighten these to tight for the very reason that they are plastic.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fredinator; 07-02-02, 04:04 PM.
    Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Re: PD-120 Clamp Broke

Go get a gibralter clamp at your local music store.

Comment

fredinator

Yes Harlock, my bad, it's a KD-120 not the PD-120. BRAIN FART!

Anyhow, getting ready to leave for my gig tonght and I think the one clamp will hold it, I hope. I may wrap black electrical tape around it to help. Ticks me off that there is a three week back order from Roland. I can understand from a supplier like Musicians Friend, but Roland? Should not happen.

Oh well!
      Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

Comment

Working...
      X