Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What i need to do some good youtube video ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What i need to do some good youtube video ?

What i need to do some good youtube video ? Cam, mixer, wire ????

I use the search button but it seem to be not a very popular thread

thanx

The only one I did was done with a standard digital camera (obviously in video mode), and simultaneously recorded the audio directly into the computer from the module. I used a simple shareware recording program...no bells or whistles. Since the music (Steely Dan) was already in the module, all I had to do was set the levels of the kit to match, and make the recording.
    I then used iMovie for the Mac to synch the two. It can be seen here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjujQAYCxM

Comment

Since most video cameras don't provide a way to use line in audio, you will have to use a separate camera and recording system, as described by Colquhon. Otherwise you're stuck with playing everything through an amp and using the camera's on-board mic to record. I can't imagine getting a good result with this method. I'm playing around with doing a video and here's what I have come up with as hardware/software list and basic proceedures;

Hardware;
      1. Digital video recorder capable of rendering at least 640x480 resolution. I suppose you could go with less, but it would not look too good.
      2. Digital recorder of some kind. Stereo line in to a computer will do, but best would be a multi-track computer-based audio workstation or stand-alone digital recorder so you can tweak the mix and the drum/backing track balance.
      3. Video editing software with audio editing capabilities. This is necessary in order to sync up your audio and video sources. I am experimenting with Movie Edit Pro 14 by Magix, ($49 at Fry's) and it seems to be up to the job.

Proceedure:
      1. Practice a lot so you are ready to lay down a good track and not look like a dweeb.
      2. Pick a good camera angle and get the lighting set. I get so annoyed with videos where you can't see what's going on. You're going to some trouble to do this, so take time to do it right. Personally, I prefer overhead or over-the-shoulder angles. A nice, powerful light pointed at a white ceiling or wall provides a nice, soft light that should light things fairly evenly. Don't point the light into the camera's lens. You might want to consider a light on the floor to illuminate your kick drum beater if you want the viewer to see what you are doing "down there".
      3. Get the video and audio recorders running and strike the snare drum, or a rim that triggers. This provides an audible and visible point you can use to sync up your sources in post-production. Old school terminology for this is a "slate".
      4. Try to play through without needing to edit. I'm sure some look on editing as cheating. The way I figure it, if you do it well enough that no one can tell, then you are simply using one skill to make up for lack of another. I call that "making it work". If you decide to stop and pick back up to correct a mistake, just keep your camera and audio recorder "rolling". Provide plenty of overlap to find a good place to hide your edit.
      5. After you're finished playing the song, do another "slate" so you can verify that your video and audio are syncing properly.

Post-production:
      1. Tweak your audio mix, but do not edit anything out or in at this point unless you can do it without changing the flow or total running time.
      2. Open the video and audio sources in your video editing suite and make final level adjustments to the audio to ensure it will be hot enough to play well, but not clipping or otherwise distorting.
      3. Now's the time to edit if you must. Be sure you are editing audio and video simultaneously or you will have to square it later and that will be a *****. Finding good edit points is a matter of trial and error.
      4. Save the project in your editing suite's native format, then convert to whatever file format the place you wish to post to suggests. I don't know enough about this end of the process to make any recommendations. You will have to decide how much you want to compromise quality to download speed. I would think you could find advice at your posting site. Otherwise, try 3 or 4 variations and see which one works best, then delete the others from the site.
      5. Sit back and enjoy the adulation of millions worldwide.

I have videography experience, but only enough to be dangerous. Others with more experience with this specific endeavour will doubtless have other perspectives and advice, which would be quite welcomed.
      Last edited by stickinthemud; 08-02-08, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
        1. Practice a lot so you are ready to lay down a good track and not look like a dweeb.
        Great informative post.
        One question....what if you practice a lot, but still look like dweeb?

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
          Great informative post.
          LOL - Maybe I should have said "sound like a dweeb"!

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
            Great informative post.
            Ooops! Double-post, dweebness confirmed! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Comment

wow thax for the reply i should be able do to something great with this

thanx

Comment

Working...
              X