Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General questions on the TD-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions on the TD-12

Hi,
    I just got this in the mail today, and i have a few questions about things i need.

I am looking to buy a VEX pack right off the bat...from what i can muster from the forums i need a MIDI to usb cable, and that vlib program. Is there anything else i need to put it on my module(besides the vex pack itself)?

Also, with the purchase of the MIDI to usb cable, can i use that to record my drumming onto a computer? If not, what do i need? If so, what program do i use (any good free programs out there? if not, any cheap good ones? im only looking for direct recording, nothing in terms of mixing after the fact...)

Could i also use this cable to hook up to a computer or laptop to play samples through the triggers in the drum pads (and have it come out of the td-12 and not the computer speakers)? I heard you couldn't load them onto the module, but you can take them from a computer if they're connected.

I think thats all for now, thanks in advance for the answers.

Regarding VEX
    Yes, you need a MIDI-USB cable. You don't have to purchase the Vdrum lib. you can download a free software called vjdrums its enough for transfering kits from module to computer and backwards. +you can build set ups and organize kits.
    A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

I am looking to buy a VEX pack right off the bat...from what i can muster from the forums i need a MIDI to usb cable, and that vlib program. Is there anything else i need to put it on my module(besides the vex pack itself)?
      Nope. That's all you need. Apparently there are some interfaces that do not work well (driver issue?). The Roland UM-1EX Midi Interface is recommended. I picked it up at sweetwater.com for under $30.

Also, with the purchase of the MIDI to usb cable, can i use that to record my drumming onto a computer? If not, what do i need? If so, what program do i use (any good free programs out there? if not, any cheap good ones? im only looking for direct recording, nothing in terms of mixing after the fact...)
      I think this would work if you are looking to record MIDI information (I have not tried that yet). Audio does not use this interface. There are seperate outputs for audio. There are many posts out there detailing this. I happen to like this post!

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ing+cheap+easy

Could i also use this cable to hook up to a computer or laptop to play samples through the triggers in the drum pads (and have it come out of the td-12 and not the computer speakers)? I heard you couldn't load them onto the module, but you can take them from a computer if they're connected.
      Way out of my leauge. I am guessing yes you can trigger the sample but the sound would be played by the computer or whatever you are plugged in to.

Comment

Working...
      X