Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTXpress III Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTXpress III Compatibility

I have a Yamaha DTXpress III kit and my HH65 HH control pedal has gone left on me. I was wondering if anyone knew if there are other pedals that work with this drum machine. It uses a 1/4" stereo cable to interface to the machine. I would prefer buying a new pedal instead of waiting on a repair.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Yes you can use any hi-hat pedal from Yamaha. Or you can use any other brand's HH pedal but you will need a stereo-to-mono adapter from places like Radio Shack. Stick it in your other brand HH pedal and it will work with your Yamaha module.

Comment

Lost Funcionality

Thanks for your reply Kevin! Do you know if by converting from stereo to mono if I will lose any functiuonality? With the yamaha pedal I get open, half open and closed with a "cha" sound.

Comment

No functionality is lost, it'll work like any other HH pedal. You'll get closed, open, half open, foot chick and splash.

Comment

Along those same lines. Would this same adapter allow me to use a Yamaha HH65 with a Roland module (TD12)
          Raptor
          Hebrews 11:6

Roland spd-30, Simmons DA-200s monitor, JBL 515xt
          Ludwig 4-piece Club Date in silver sparkle
          Future Ekit (5 piece Jobeky kit in Bubinga fade with 2box module)

Comment

Yes, in that case you just insert the adapter into the module..

Comment

Working...
            X