Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recording not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording not working

Hey, I'm using my td3 that I just got and audacity.
    I plugged in my (mono)output from the td3 to my mic input and all I get are little static noises everytime I hit my pads.

I have a 1/4 to 1/4 guitar cable that I use plus a mini(1/8) adapter to plug into my PC.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this. When I plug my guitar into the PC the same way I get great sound. Does it make a difference when using a mono or stereo-1/8 adapter???

PLease help!

Thanks!
    Td-3, Iron Cobra double bass pedal, 7a sticks.

Not sure what kind of sound card you're referring to, but the mic input usually runs a little hotter than other inputs. If you sound card has one, use the line-in input rather than the mic.
    Also, how high is the module volume set to? Often the souncard can only handle so many dB input before it starts distorting. I have my module at 50%volume and I use the PC software's volume for the soundcard to adjust the levels.
    I use a 1/8" stereo adapter as well and haven't had any issues with it.

Comment

Well, my sound card is the stock Gateway AC'97.
      It only has a mic in input, no line-in.

I've tried using the (mono) output on the back as well as the headphone output, but I still don't get any sound on audacity or soundforge.

I hope someone can help me out on this...

Thanks

Comment

Have you unchecked "Mute" for the microphone in Windows Volume Control?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by ridder1705 View Post
          I have a 1/4 to 1/4 guitar cable that I use plus a mini(1/8) adapter to plug into my PC.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this. When I plug my guitar into the PC the same way I get great sound. Does it make a difference when using a mono or stereo-1/8 adapter???

Make sure you are using the left/mono output of the module and not the right. Also check to make sure all the sounds in the module aren't somehow all panned to the right output. Do you get any drum sounds at all with just your PC volume up and no programs open?

Comment

I figured it out, it was a faulty crappy 1/4 to mini(1/8) adapter...
            Thanks

Comment

if you get more into recording look into audio interfaces, the EMU 0202 and 0404 are great for the money when in the USB area.
              Dave
              Sonic Orb Studios
              My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
              Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Originally posted by ridder1705 View Post
                I figured it out, it was a faulty crappy 1/4 to mini(1/8) adapter...
                Thanks
                PRESS THE CIRCLE BUTTON

Oh heh sry u is fixed it :P

Comment

Working...
                X