Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millenium MPS-400 stereo cymbal pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium MPS-400 stereo cymbal pad

Hi,

Just picked up a Millenium MPS-400 stereo cymbal pad and plugged it into my TD-12.

It works fine, however, the rubber pad area of the cymbal produces virtually no sound when struck. The hard plastic area plays at normal volume when struck - surely this is back to front?!

The plastic area feels pretty brittle and I'm not sure it will stand up to a few full forces smacks, plus you need the rubber area pointing down to allow you to grab it for the cymbal choke...

Anyone any ideas?

Set the Trigger Type to CY8 and increase Sensitivity if necessary. (Perhaps also reduce Threshold.)

Bruce

Comment

Thanks - that seems to have cleared by the rubber triggering problem.

I have noticed that the pad doesn't always trigger when there are a lot of consecutive triggers going off, even just hitting the snare and cymbal simuntaniously to test it often fails to trigger.

Not sure if this the pad or the settings. I've updated the sensitivity to 30 odd, still at least it's playable now.

Comment

Reduce the settting for XTALK CANCEL on that input at TRIGGER, BANK (F1), XTALK (F4), XTALK (F1) as the module is trying too hard to reject what it thinks is just vibrations caused by hitting another pad. But then make sure that the cymbal won't trigger when you just hit some other nearby pad hard.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X