Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep the VH-11 Hi-Hat from spinning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I keep the VH-11 Hi-Hat from spinning?

I bought the TD-12 which comes with the Hi Hat VH-11. The problem is that the the top hat slowly spins around as you play on it and after a few minutes, the "Roland" logo is on my side instead of on the opposite side. Of course, the 'edge' sensitivity is only on one side, so this screws it up.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

How do I make sure that the Hi Hat stays securely in place?

I think this generally means the hi-hat rod is not sufficiently tightened into the hi-hat stand, as the cymbal should not be able to turn without the rod also turning.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 07-16-08, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I agree... try tightening the rod.

My Hart hats and stand had a tendency to do this repeatedly too. I used a drop of Loctite on the rod/threads and it took care of it. (Unless your clutch is too loose, then just tighten it up. ) Be careful you don't use too much though..makes it a really fun endeavor trying to undo it if you do.

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Are you using rubber hi-hat washers instead of felt ones? I switched to the rubber ones and all spinning on my Hart hat stopped.
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
          Are you using rubber hi-hat washers instead of felt ones? I switched to the rubber ones and all spinning on my Hart hat stopped.
          Oh yeah I forgot about that. That is CRITICAL!!! I origianlly had one that had the felt washers...and like a record it spun!!!

Rubber washers tightened down good may solve it too.

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
          X