Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-Hat Triggering Problem (Open/Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Hat Triggering Problem (Open/Closed)

Hi,

I wonder if one of you guyz can help me?

My VH12 hi-hat from my TD20 started to play up last week during a gig.

Instead of the nice open and close sounds coming from it, it started to just play a kind of "open" sound half way through the gig!

After the gig, I tried to change leads etc (including replacing the small patch cable in between the hats and even did a factory reset) but to no avail.

Has anybody any ideas what could have gone wrong and more importantly is it "fixable" without enduring a hefty hit on my bank account!

Help! Does anyone have any feedback for me on this?

It will be very much appreciated!

Comment

Hi there. Unfortunately, I am not a VH-12 user, so I can't really answer your question. But I just wanted to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Sometimes posts get pushed down and folks don't see them, but by answering, it will get pushed back up where some of the VH-12 users might be able to help you.
      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Hmmm, I've been having problems with my VH-12 aswell. I have a thread about it a few posts down.

Anyway, have you tried re-adjusting the offset?

Comment

VH12 Hi-Hat Problem

Hi rmk,

Yes I have and it does not move! I started a PM conversation with Michael Render to see if he can help as he solved a problem of mine the last time.

I am beginning to think that the bottom of the hat is the route of the problem though, which means possibly having to spend money - let's see what Michael says

Comment

Hi Fullback32

Thanks for the feedback! Its good to know that people are watching and willing to help us poor souls who have "techy" problems.

Comment

Working...
            X