Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD20 Expanding - TMC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD20 Expanding - TMC?

I have a TD20 with all the inputs maxed out. I have 5 other drums/cymbals that I want to add to my system and was wondering how to achieve this. Would a TMC-6 converter help?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

A TMC-6 will help (I have one in my kit) but if you've already used all your inputs, the only other COSM sound you'll be able to access from the TMC-6 (or any other trigger to midi device) will be the kick drum rim (which can be assigned to whatever you want).
    You can still trigger other sounds within your TD20 from the TMC-6 but you won't have the COSM parameters.

More details HERE

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. Could I add another module (TD12?) and link it to the TD20 for extra inputs?

Comment

Originally posted by Coolsensation View Post
        Thanks for the prompt response. Could I add another module (TD12?) and link it to the TD20 for extra inputs?
        Yep. You could run the TD12 midi out into the TD20 midi in and the TD12 main audio out into the TD20 mix in. You will still only get the TD12 to trigger one COSM sound on the TD20 if you've already assigned all your TD20 trigger ins to other instruments but you will then have all the TD12 COSM sounds and trigger inputs too.

Here's the full details of my kit's midi i/o
        TMC-6 ----> midi switch box input 1
        Motu MTP AV channel 1 midi out ----> midi switch box input 2
        Midi switch box out ----> TD20 midi input
        TD20 midi out ----> Motu MTP AV channel 1 input
        TD12 midi out ----> Motu MTP AV channel 2 input
        Motu MTP AV channel 2 output ----> TD12 midi input.

Comment

Working...
        X