Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I reset the SPD-S back to factory settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I reset the SPD-S back to factory settings?

Basically how do I reset the SPD-S back to factory settings?

My SPD-S kept resetting itself so I sent it back to Roland. I got it back and it did the same thing for me even though it did not do this at the drum store. Must be something weird with it being sensitive to my electric or something, small power dips caused it etc...

Anyway a Roland rep was in town and was very nice and swapped me a SPD-S that was only used for a demo by Johnny Rabb. It seems to be working fine and not resetting, at least so far.

My problem is it is set up for all of Johnnys stuff. When I boot it it goes to pattern 48 and the card light blinks ii

What is the easiest way to get this back to factory settings with all the original sounds etc...?? I did do a backup from the old module (at least I think I did) but it seemed to backup really fast. Will restoring this put it back to the original state including the sounds? It seemed to backup all of those sounds really fast if it included those.

I just wanted to check here before I did anything with it.

Originally posted by paladin View Post
    Basically how do I reset the SPD-S back to factory settings?
    Page 117 in the manual will guide you. If you don't have the manual, it's downloadable from Roland's web site.

I'd do a back-up of Rabb's stuff before you wipe it. There might be some cool stuff you'd want to use!
    VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
    ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
    ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
    Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
      I'd do a back-up of Rabb's stuff before you wipe it. There might be some cool stuff you'd want to use!

Yes but it is looking for the data from a CF card that they did not give me, so it would do me no good. ii

I was going to go buy the directions in the manual, I just wanted to check here first in case there was something I was missing.

Comment

If you can't locate (or lost) the CD that is included with the SPD-S which contains the factory data, you can download the file here:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...37&ParentId=61

Click the downloads tab and select the "SPD-S Factory Restore Data" (PC or Mac) link.
        Last edited by Guest_User_DA; 07-14-08, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X