Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjusting head tension on TD10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting head tension on TD10

Hi, this may sound like a straightforward question, but I suspect there is a hitch as I am using different drums with my TD10 module. The drums are all Hart TE 3.0 (8", 10", 12", 13" snare) except the kick which is TE 3.2. I have referred to Harts set up configuration PDF from their website. The question I have is regarding the 'head tension' setting (SET UP), (F1/TRIG), (F4/OPTION). It appears to me that you can only fine tune the snare settings with your tension key using the snare drum. Is this normal with these drums? Is this setting only available on PD 10 and PD12 drums and the Hart snare and not the other Hart drums?
    Hart Dynamics TE 3.2, Roland TD 10, Alesis Trigger I/O Logic PRO, Yamaha DTX 2.0

For an unexpanded TD-10, the on-screen head tension adjustment is only available for snare input 2 (and ride input 10!). That isn't mentioned in the manual's Quick Start section, but it is stipulated on Page 110. For a TD-10 expanded with a TDW-1 board it became available for all inputs: TD-10/PD-120 - why isn't "set head tension" feat. available?

Bruce

Comment

Many thanks, I thought so. Something else that doesn't appear to be happening is dual trigger on the toms? Is this due to the same reason?
      Hart Dynamics TE 3.2, Roland TD 10, Alesis Trigger I/O Logic PRO, Yamaha DTX 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by 71-jazz View Post
        Something else that doesn't appear to be happening is dual trigger on the toms? Is this due to the same reason?
        Not quite the same reason, because any TD-10 (even expanded with a TDW-1) doesn't have dual piezo (i.e mesh head rim) triggering capability except for the snare on input 2.

Bruce

Comment

Many thanks Bruce! To my embarrassment, I just remembered the 8'' and 12'' are dual trigger and the 10'' isn't. I think that the main thing is that the heads feel good to play within your own playing style.

Comment

Working...
          X