Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Latest Download from Roland [TD-6/V]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Latest Download from Roland [TD-6/V]

My question is how do I get the latest download offered by Roland for my TD-6 module...and really what does the download do or have in it!!??

can you tell me where you heard of this download? my _other_ module is a td 6.....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

On the roland web page it talks about updates. Looks like to do this via sysex files so something like VDL could manage that. I believe there may be other , more general programs for this as well (since you are not managing the drum kits themselves).

Last I checked the updates were not worh the effort (assuming you have the blue TD-6). There is a doc that details out what is in them.

Comment

these downloads are not posted on the general roland site, the download update button is not active - or at least i cant find them, though I can find them on roland usa....

is there a reason for this? are we europeans not eligible for the update, or do our modules already come updated??
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

here is where I got it from!http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...s&ObjectId=846

Comment

The last update for the TD-6(V) was three years ago:

ROLAND TD-6 VERSION HISTORY
            NOTE: Please keep in mind it is never necessary to perform a system update unless you are experiencing one of the symptoms listed in this document. Always remember to back your user data up before performing an update!
            [VER.1.02] --- 05.10.05
            *Modifications
            -Fixed issues with striking the snare or kick pad simultaneously with the cymbals.
            -An instrument name was changed from Hard Rhodes to Hard EP.

I believe the download would be available on the Roland web site for each country accessible from Roland.com, but not on the worldwide site itself.

The easiest method of updating is to use Roland's downloadable SMF player.

Bruce

Comment

downloadable SMF player
              what esle is that useful for? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vdrummer20 View Post
                what else is that useful for? Thanks.
                Probably nothing, as it's only intended for installing system updates via MIDI (see attachment).

Bruce
                Attached Files

Comment

Download Politics

I wondered the same thing a while back so I decided to poke around where I shouldnt have. The download on the Roland site that is defined as an "update" is mainly for restore purposes. Usually if there is a technical issue with your kit you might call tech support and they will have you download this "update" that basically sets your brain back to factory standards(which is why they ask you to backup any customized kits or songs). When I called tech support concerning downloads for new instrument sounds and new kits they were very clear when they told me that there was absolutely no such downloads that existed or would ever exist, just the "update" download. Since then I have been desperately seeking alternative solutions, because I know deep down that there is a way to hack these things, you just have to be creative. There are two ways of going about "hacking" the brain of the kit to insert your own audio files into its database. The first is the software. Since the audio files that exist in the database had to have been inserted by a Roland programmer to begin with, there must be a way to gain the same type of administrative entry that that programmer had. With this, you would need to know beforehand the correct software and formatting used to do so. The other option is hardware. I have heard that there is possibly a way to manually solder into certain parts of the brains board in order to create your own custom brain that, with the right modchip, can have almost unlimited ability since your basically reading the input from the sensors on the heads and manipulating its output. Neither of these theories have been fully performed by myself or anyone I know, but there definitely is a way. The software theory seems like it may be more feasible and the hardware a lot less, since no such communicating modchip has been developed. I understand you can MIDI out to an mbox or other interface devices and set up different sounds through a program but I'm basically talking about changing the memory on the brain itself. Any tips or leads on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
                  Last edited by Mathleticism; 09-18-08, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathleticism View Post
                    The download on the Roland site that is defined as an "update" is mainly for restore purposes. Usually if there is a technical issue with your kit you might call tech support and they will have you download this "update" that basically sets your brain back to factory standards(which is why they ask you to backup any customized kits or songs).
                    You can restore factory settings without downloading any update. The downloadable module updates fix minor issues and/or introduce minor improvements.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                    X