Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-6 module stuck in 'update mode' - Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6 module stuck in 'update mode' - Help please

Hi,
    Tried to update my td-6 module the other day, pressed stop + edit etc like it says on the roland instructions to get into the mode. Im using UpdSMF then I select midi out device, in the pictures ive seen the midi device is just there listed, they select it then scan SMF, the update works and everyone's happy but my module isnt listed. Anyone know how to get out of the update mode? (the midi in is plugged into midi out and vise versa).
    Thanks

I believe removing the battery for about a minute will fix this. You may want to do a search, but I seem to remember someone else having the same issue and this is how they fixed it.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

just tried that, left the battery out. plugged everything back in, switched it on and all I get is my orange back light for the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico! View Post
        just tried that, left the battery out. plugged everything back in, switched it on and all I get is my orange back light for the screen.
        If its anything like the TD8, once you put it in 'update mode', its wiped its memory and will not boot unless you go through the update process and give it new sotware.. So the only way forwards now is to send the current firmware to it.. Without this, it simply has no software/firmware in its flash memory.

Saying that, this only applies to the TD8.. i don't know anything about the TD6 so it could be different!

Jon

Comment

Thanks for the replies. My module is now sorted, for some reason when my module was connected the appropriate lights where not lighting up so I took out the battery and repeated the whole process again and it worked, took a while but now its been updated.

Comment

where is the batt????

Comment

I found the battery but I still have no luck.. I tryed updating as well but the lights are not flashing as I am told they will when it is updating... now all I get is the blank orange screen and my play button light stays on... how do I fix this..

Comment

It seems that you're probably pushing the right buttons but your MIDI connection is no good. Tell us about your MIDI cables and software.

Bruce

Comment

I run the smf update file and then do a scan.. it finds the files.. then I select the port to send it out .. "midi out" when I send it looks like its working.. but nothing is happening to the td6 mod?? is that normal .. or should the lights be flashing on the td6

Comment

just picked up a new midi cable and I'm using win xp with a creative audigy 2 sound blaster card has midi in and out I tryed using midox and now I'm just using the smf update program is there a way I can test the midi connection???

Comment

OK. Do you have the MIDI connector marked OUT connected to IN on the module? (Because that's almost certainly the way it needs to be.)

Bruce

Comment

I am comming Out of the computer In to the mod

Comment

But at MIDI IN on the module do you have the cable end marked OUT?

Comment

there are no markings on the cable

Comment

Could you describe the cable then? Does it connect to the sound card game port and split to two MIDI ends? If so, have you looked closely to see if they're marked IN and OUT in black on black?

Comment

Working...
                              X