Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARRRGH td-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRGH td-8

ok I dont know what the heck is going on. I just moved into my new home, more room for the kits and now my td8 is freaking out. When i hooked everything up I got a message saying the batt was low and i had to do a reset. ok this done I tuned in a kit and as soon as I hit a pad the only sound I got was a horrible screaching whic sounded like i tuned to a dead air station and poumped the volume up to 11. I tried a reset unplugged all the cables changed the power strip and tried again but the same thing. Anyone have a clue...

Bill
    When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Sounds like your internal battery may need replacing.
    Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Originally posted by madchef View Post
      ok I dont know what the heck is going on. I just moved into my new home, more room for the kits and now my td8 is freaking out. When i hooked everything up I got a message saying the batt was low and i had to do a reset. ok this done I tuned in a kit and as soon as I hit a pad the only sound I got was a horrible screaching whic sounded like i tuned to a dead air station and poumped the volume up to 11. I tried a reset unplugged all the cables changed the power strip and tried again but the same thing. Anyone have a clue...

Bill
      I would change the battery. Especially if it said low battery.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

yeah i thought of changing the batt but that really only holds my personal kist in memory. It wouldnt have anything to do with the weird cruddy sound. but thanks for the thought.
        When I die, I want to die like my grandfather - who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
        X