Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPD-S loop glitches (poor crossfade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-S loop glitches (poor crossfade?)

Hi,

I am having trouble making a loop work on my SPDS. I've sampled the sound from protools and entered the tempo, measure and beat info, set to phrase and loop. The timing of the loop works fine when I trigger it. However, there is a nasty glitch sound at the point where the loop joins up. This sound isn't there when I loop a bar in pro tools and I've tried changing the start point and end point on the SPDS and I've also tried starting playback on protools half way through a bar so that the join is in a different place. If I was editing this kind of sound on protools I would say that it needed a crossfade to join it up.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hoadfolky

If you play the wav file on something like Windows Medis Player can you hear the glitch? It sounds like the loop point is not on a zero crossover and somehow ProTools compnesates for that? I don't know much about PT, but that is where I would look first.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. What I've actually done is take a loop from a sample cd, play it in to recycle and then export the resulting rex file into reason's dr rex player. I'm then playing that via protools ie. reason is a rewire device. So I can play the loop over and over in reason and there is no glitch. The glitch only happens on the SPDS. I've also tried reducing the recording level but that doesn't help either.

Comment

Have you tried looping any other samples?

Comment

Yeah I've looped another sample without any problem. Also, presumably the SPDS is designed with this kind of thing in mind, so fundamentally it should work.

Comment

I think the only way to diagnose this is to actually see the wav file. Would you mind posting it for us to look at?
            sigpic

Comment

Seeing the wave would be good. Also, since you don't experience this sort of issue with looping other samples, I'm inclined to think it's a problem with that particular sample, not your SPD.

Comment

Are you sampling this loop into the SPD-S using its input jack? Any reason you can't import it (untouched) as a wav file on a CF card?

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X