Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I properly tension mesh heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I properly tension mesh heads?

I know the basic rule of tightening the head in a "star" pattern, but I wanted to know if it was ok to unscrew the head completly and start from scratch? I'd like to get maximum rebound, but I don't want to damage anything due to over tightening, i.e. The head itself or the trigger.
    Last edited by XbambamX; 07-02-08, 09:34 AM.
    Where am I?

It shouldn't be an issue. I mean when you replace a drum head you start from scratch.
    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I have one of those black sprinkler head looking drum torques that I use for my drums. I've used it for my acoustics for years, Now I use it for my E's.
      Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
      X