Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird triggering problem! Any solutions? [Hart Virtuoso kick on TD-6V]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird triggering problem! Any solutions? [Hart Virtuoso kick on TD-6V]

Hi guys and gals.
    Today (and a couple of times in the past) my Kick Pad started triggering when the beater was nowhere near the head. Not a full on trigger, like it was being hit, but a quiter trigger as the beater was moving away from the head.
    It is incredibly annoying!
    Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing it?
    The trigger settings haven't been changed at all, and I have retrig cancel set at 8, mask time at 4 ms.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by KevH View Post
    Hi guys and gals.
    Today (and a couple of times in the past) my Kick Pad started triggering when the beater was nowhere near the head. Not a full on trigger, like it was being hit, but a quiter trigger as the beater was moving away from the head.
    It is incredibly annoying!
    Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing it?
    The trigger settings haven't been changed at all, and I have retrig cancel set at 8, mask time at 4 ms.
    Thanks!

The same thing happened to me. It ended up that the cone was loose on one side of the piezo and the movement of playing the kit caused mis-trigger at random times. I'm not saying that is the case with yours, But I would check it anyways.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Cool, Thanks, I'll take the head of and look then.

Comment

I suspect that is your culprit. I had the same issue with my snare. Removed the head, tidied things up and it has worked great ever since.
        Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

I would think a possible suspect would be a short in the cable. I notice I often trigger a sound when plugging and unplugging.

Comment

What they said or you have ghosts messing with ya.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Ok, took the head off, fiddled with the cone a bit, it seemed ok, and replaced the head. Problem gone!
              I was wondering if it was the heat affecting it, as it was very hot yesterday, or whether where my beaters hit (just above the cone, so just above centre) would make it worse.

Comment

Hot again today, and the prob returned a little, any idea if this could be it?
                Maybe the mesh is sticking to the head of the cone?

Comment

I would try replacing the cone and piezo if possible.
                  Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
                    I would try replacing the cone and piezo if possible.

Possible, but it's only 6 months old, and hasn't been battered!

Comment

Have you tried raising the threshold?

Comment

Originally posted by ige87 View Post
                        Have you tried raising the threshold?
                        Nope, but it's been fine until the other day. I'll give it a go.

Comment

Working...
                        X