Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any alternative to the TDS-10 drumrack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any alternative to the TDS-10 drumrack?

Hello

I own the TD-10 for almost 2 years and have used it only as MIDI sound module without any pads.
    Now I want to buy an e-drum set including the new V-cymbals, the PD-120s and so on. I have a little problem with Roland's TDS-10 drumrack, which I find a bit too expancive. To pay approximately 500$ for a couple of tubes and hardware parts is a bit too much for me. Aspecially when some parts, like the APC 33 TD-10 holder, are not included. And only one cymbal holder is included either - and I need at least two.

Here comes my question. Has anyone used V-drums with a non-Roland drumrack? Are there any problems regarding pad crosstalking?

I will be most grateful to any usefull recommendations.

Thanks

Robert Vetter

You could try the Gibraltar or Pearl Icon racks.
    If you do a search on "rack" you should be able to find the other posts for Part Numbers etc.
    www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

There are Gibraltar, Pearl, Tama, and DrumFrame (for those with $$$$)
      I upgraded my V-Drums from a Gibraltar rack to a DrumFrame rack, and I had no problems whatsoever with crosstalk.

Gre nach Deutschland!

Stu
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock:
        How do you attach a KD-120 to the DrumFrame?
        Bob Gatzen will make a custom bass drum attachment clamp for the KD-120, indeed for anything you want, as every component is customizeable.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
        X