Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I back-up TD-6V settings?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I back-up TD-6V settings?.....

...according to the manual I need a midi sequencer to transfer the contents from the TD-6V, is there a cheap device such as this available? Thanks.

All you need is a USB->MIDI cable capable of recieving SYX files (do a search here), a PC and software such as VDrumLibrary ($20) or other 'free' software.

Its dead easy, but be careful which USB cable you buy as many don't allow SYX files to be uploaded/downloaded.

Jon

Comment

Hi Chevvies,

Just a computer and MIDI to USB cable as jweaver says - use the dump instructions in your TD-6V manual - it's fairly quick.

VDrumlibrary is worth the $20 as it allows you to manipulate your patches a bit, but you don't need it if all you want is to backup your syx file.

Comment

Thanks folks, I will look at VDrumLib again as I am using Mac OSX, and last time I tried it wasn't very Mac friendly but maybe things have changed.

TD Drum Studio looks great too but it's not ready for Mac yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
          One such program is TD Drum Studio. http://tdstudio.rejibyte.com/

How I wish I could recommend TDS.. I LOVE it... Personally (for me) its much closer to what I want than VDrumLib.. And its free...

But it doesn't work.. Atleast it doesn't work on my TD8!

For a start, 80% of the SYX files I have (some free, some VEX) don't even open (I think this is linked to whether the SYX is a 'full' dump (i.e including settings) or just a 'kit' dump).

But then when I send kits to my TD8, the snare and Tom1 don't have any sounds.. Even if you just send ONE kit, its the same.. I contacted the author of TDS many times to tell him about my findings, but I am getting the feeling that development has stopped.

Its got some great functionality (some of which I hope gets added to VDL) specifically the fact that you can send 'non-contiguous' kits (i.e kits in positions 1, 5, 9, 10, 12, etc) but its bugged beyond belief!

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X