Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the shape of rooms, 1-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the shape of rooms, 1-100

Ok, i searched but couldnt find any thing about this, apologies if i missed it...

my td 9, and some other modules, has a function on the ambience that is called room shape, to which one inputs a 1-100
    value....what is that, the number of sides of the room?

whats the connection between room shape and the values? or is it blatantly obvious, and I'm just being daft?
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

I think it's how much ambience is applied to that input? Usually it's 0-127 so I'm not sure about your situation. Read the manual?

Comment

Judging by the sound and the graphic on the TD20, it is the width of the room. ie, the distance between the side walls.

Comment

manual doesnt help. the manuals are getting thinner and less helpful btw...and ok, it was proabaly to 127...but the ambience send level and ambience amounts are a different parameter....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
          Judging by the sound and the graphic on the TD20, it is the width of the room. ie, the distance between the side walls.
          how does that differ from room size than?

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
            how does that differ from room size than?
            A long, thin room (large room with small room shape) has a different sound to a squarer room of the same volume (volume as in area, not level).

Comment

got it, thanks...i was expecting it to do things like round rooms, or pentagon shaped rooms, trapezoids, or things like that. *sigh'

thanks for the help....though i think i have contracted a case of GAS from you and Render, S.P.

Comment

GAS is great Welcome to the GASclub

I'm not sure about the TD9 but on the 12 and 20, the different ambient models control, amongst other things, the physical construction of the space. ie, dome roof, sound shell, odd walls etc. It is easy to see this with the graphic display on the 12/20.

Comment

well, dash it all to blazes, if after you mentioned the graphic on the td 20, if i didnt watch my big new screen td 9, and noticed that there was a graphic there of a room getting wider and narrower...I had been so focused on LISTENING to the difference, that i hadnt noticed the graphics at all...not used to them, the td 6 didnt have any!

stupid me...*sigh*

Comment

They are basically all equalizing and effect options, for the budget the 9 has a lot of good options. Im sure the 12 and 20 have more or what would be the point of ponying up the extra cash?
                    Last edited by Bobvan; 06-30-08, 05:11 PM.
                    Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                      well, dash it all to blazes, if after you mentioned the graphic on the td 20, if i didnt watch my big new screen td 9, and noticed that there was a graphic there of a room getting wider and narrower...I had been so focused on LISTENING to the difference, that i hadnt noticed the graphics at all...not used to them, the td 6 didnt have any!

stupid me...*sigh*
                      LOL
                      I have never played around with a TD9's editing yet so I was curious about whether it utilised the LCD to display those graphics. I guess you've just answered my question

Comment

Working...
                      X