Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPD-S Sound on TD-20 Headphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-S Sound on TD-20 Headphones?

Can someone please tell me how to get the sound of the SPD-S together with my TD-20 headphones?
    I can hear both just fine thru my amp but if I use the headphones I can't hear the SPD-S, just the TD-20.
    Is this a simple setup thing or do I need to run another cable?
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Frankie View Post
    Is this a simple setup thing or do I need to run another cable?
    What is your set up?

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
    *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

My setup?

Well I am using the TD-20, SPD-S and the TDA-700 amp.
      Thanks

Comment

It's difficult to say whether you need to run another cable when you haven't told us what cables you have connected now.

But the simplest method is to connect the PHONES output on the SPD-S to the MIX IN jack on the TD-20 with a stereo cable.

Bruce

Comment

My Connections

Ok my master out on the TD-20 is connected to the input line 1 on the amp
          The SPD-S is connected to input line 2 on the amp.
          The mix-in from the TD-20 is connected to a CD player.
          The headphones are connected to the TD-20 and I have a MIDI cable connected from the TD-20 in to the SPD-S MIDI out and from the TD-20 out/thru to the TMC-6.
          Thanks for your help

Comment

You could connect the CD player to the SPD-S input(s) instead, but you'd probably want to use a splitter cable (e.g. Hosa CMP153) so that you could use both Left and Right inputs for stereo. Then you could connect the PHONES output on the SPD-S to the MIX IN jack on the TD-20 with a stereo cable.

(The MIDI connections all sound backwards, as the TMC-6 doesn't have a MIDI IN.)

Bruce

Comment

You could get yourself a small mixer and plug your TD module and SPD-S into that. You'll have all your balance and volume controls in one place, you can input your CD or iPod into the mixer too. You can then use the outputs of your mixer to go to the Amp (or main sound desk if playing live) and the mixer also has headphone socket, separate phones level and main mix level controls.

I use an inexpensive Behringer Xenyx 502. It just gets a bit more difficult if you want a click track through your phones only. You'll have to unplug your phones from the mixer and back into the TD module, but you won't hear the SPD-S.

See photo of my mixer setup here

I hope this helps, Stu.
              Last edited by StuR; 06-30-08, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Guys thanks for all the great input.
                This is truly a great site with knowledgable and helpful people.
                I wil play with the connections tonight.

Frankie

Comment

Working...
                X