Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audacity Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audacity Help!

Not sure this is the right forum for this on this site..however.....

I am working on a project where people from around the world are going to be recording music. I got my first track recorded. Hooked up my Roland Hd1 drum kit to the pc and recorded the track into Audacity.

Wanted to add on some more percussion by recording a 2nd track over it.

Problem was, (and yes my pc speakers are connected...lol) I couldnt hear the first track when I went to record the additional one over it.

Where did I go wrong?

Anyone have experience with recording into Audacity using more than one track?

Thanks for any help.

Home kit - HD1
    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

I haven't done this, but...

Preferences, Audio I/O, "Play other tracks while recording new one"?

Can I play a track while recording a new one on top of it (Audacity FAQ)

Bruce

Comment

Yes Bart that will do it! I have been recording with audacity for a while now so I can lend a hand as well. But that sounds right what Bart said. You should be using headphones too unless your mics are very far away (isolated) from your speakers.
      TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

Comment

Oh and btw when you get to adding effects like reverb, there is an odd way that it is done on audacity. You basically copy the recorded track that you wish to add effects to and then add the effects to the new track. You would then blend the wet track into the dry track (You'll be listening to both tracks) for the effects.. I know... I don't like it either but without an effects loop this is the way it is done. Free software ya can't complain
        TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

Comment

This is great software very user friendly.
          Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Working...
          X