Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions complaint!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • V Expressions complaint!

    Ok, I installed the Master 50 on my TD-8 kit the other day and.....well..... That's where the problem started.

    I've tried several of the kits and no matter which one I try, I never sound like that drummer!!!

    I hit Neil Peart, I didn't even come close! Then on to Ginger Baker, Carter Beauford, and Alex Van Halen....still nothing! I did try the one at the top of the list, I think it's called "Crappy Drummer", and that's the only one that worked! Going to move on to the "Don't Ever Play Drums Again" kit, and I'll let you know how that one sounds.

    Who do I talk to about this matter?


    Ok, I'll give it a little longer, but I want my complaint noted!


    dbldare

  • #2
    you need to get a ouija board and learn how to channel the ghosts of drummers past...and present!

    Good Luck!. I'd give more advice but since i would have to improve tenfold to become a crappy drummer, I'll refrain.
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks like we got the same VEX kit. I am also stuck on the Crappy Drummer kit

      Comment


      • #4
        You guys crap... err, CRACK me up.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

        Comment


        • #5
          I must admit, when I first saw the title of this thread I thought

          Comment


          • #6
            cmon allen cant you do something to make these guys play like ther faverite drummers?
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

            Comment


            • #7
              Ahhhh.... no.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dbldare View Post
                Ok, I installed the Master 50 on my TD-8 kit the other day and.....well..... That's where the problem started.

                I've tried several of the kits and no matter which one I try, I never sound like that drummer!!!

                I hit Neil Peart, I didn't even come close! Then on to Ginger Baker, Carter Beauford, and Alex Van Halen....still nothing! I did try the one at the top of the list, I think it's called "Crappy Drummer", and that's the only one that worked! Going to move on to the "Don't Ever Play Drums Again" kit, and I'll let you know how that one sounds.

                Who do I talk to about this matter?


                Ok, I'll give it a little longer, but I want my complaint noted!


                dbldare
                What are you playing through? PA , Amp or headphones.
                I notice a world of difference from phones to PA and also a difference from one set of speakers to the next.
                Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

                Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

                My drum kit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                  cmon allen cant you do something to make these guys play like ther faverite drummers?
                  Sure he can...if he wanted to. A little extra work on his part is all it takes. Simply record these great drummers on video. Then, through the magic of CGI, map out these drummers' leg and arm movements. Include in each VEX pack electrodes that connect from the module's output jack to the purchaser's arms and legs or go directly into the brain. As the drummer plays, electrical impulses from the CGI mapping will be fed into him, thus allowing the EXACT movements of Neil Peart, Ginger Baker, etc. See how easy that would be? Get after it man!
                  TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

                  "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I bought the Top 50 Drummers and now I think I'm as good as BUddy Rich!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I bought the Top 50 Drummers and now I think I'm as good as BUddy Rich!
                      Damn..I didn't know they gave out LSD with that VEX pack!...
                      I'da got 2 of them!!
                      On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
                      With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
                      Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
                      "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vjboc View Post
                        What are you playing through? PA , Amp or headphones.
                        I notice a world of difference from phones to PA and also a difference from one set of speakers to the next.
                        I think someone missed the joke.
                        Alan
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't know what all the fuss is about. My VEX M50 pack works perfectly. When the module is off, it sounds exactly like a bunch of great drummers aren't playing.
                          . digitalDrummer
                          Review index

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            what alan can't do I can!

                            first, turn down any output from your module, including headphones,
                            master out etc
                            2nd, plug headphones into input of iPod mp3 player etc.
                            3rd cue up favorite band, drummer, floutist etc
                            4th press play on mp3, iPod etc
                            5th leave module off and place headphones over ears
                            6th begin pounding drum with great fervor and zeal.

                            See Alan. it was that easy. :P
                            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by amonline View Post
                              I think someone missed the joke.
                              OK you got me
                              Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

                              Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

                              My drum kit

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X