Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-6V Question(s) [Bell sensitivity/Default kits]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6V Question(s) [Bell sensitivity/Default kits]

Hey guys. I just purchased a TD-6V off the Bay simply because it was a good price. I didn't really need it, but you know how that goes!

I was playing around with it tonight and I have a couple of questions. Most importantly, I'm wondering how to adjust the threshold of the velocity trigger (this is how it's termed on my SPD anyway). Ya know, like when I hit the ride softly, I get the ride sound. When I hit it a bit harder I get the ride bell. I want to decrease the sensitivity so that it doesn't switch to the bell so easily (because frankly the bell sounds are awful). Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious but I can't find the setting.

Secondly, since it's a used module, how can I tell if any of the V-Expressions kits have been installed? I went through all of the kits and didn't see anything that stuck out, but again, I could be missing the obvious. I didn't want to do a factory reset and wipe out anything that I may have wanted to keep.

Sorry for the easy questions. I haven't spent that much time with it, and it seems to be laid out differently than the newer modules. I know, I need to download the manual!

As always, thanks a bunch!!

as for as I know, there is no velocity trigger on the 6V. At least, mine doesnt have any. You can adjust the rim sensitivity if you are accidently brushing the rim trigger - but the 6V only offers bow and rim triggering....

unless this is a hidden feature not in the manual that i am going to be very angry about not knowing....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

There is. I just don't know if it's adjustable. It seems that when selecting the sound (instrument) if you select Funk Ride-X this will allow you to trigger between the bow ride sound and the ride bell depending on velocity. In that example you could also select:

Funk Ride-B, which would only be the bell,
      Funk Ride-E which would only be the edge,
      Just Funk Ride, which would be the bow.

However, if you select the version with the "X" after it, it swiches based on your velocity, as well as lets you trigger the rim/edge.

Anyone else have any insight on this?
      Last edited by Mixxit; 06-26-08, 09:15 AM.

Comment

and right you are as it says clearly on page 123 of the manual

Comment

by going to trigger 'basic' and then 'trigCurv' you can adjust how sensitive the volume dynamics are - hopefully that will also affect your velocity switching...I am still kicking myself about missing that...I read it in the manual when i got the drum set and then promptly forgot it...

I think exp1 or exp2 will mean a harder strike is needed to make the change... p. 72 of the manual....

Comment

What is this "manual" you speak of???

I'll have to download it and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixxit View Post
              Secondly, since it's a used module, how can I tell if any of the V-Expressions kits have been installed? I went through all of the kits and didn't see anything that stuck out, but again, I could be missing the obvious. I didn't want to do a factory reset and wipe out anything that I may have wanted to keep.
              Compare the kit names with the list in the manual.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                Compare the kit names with the list in the manual.

Bruce
                There you go, calling things 'manual' again, when he has already said 'and what is this manual of which (we speak)'...

no, the rot goes much deeper, i fear...

Comment

Actually I did indeed compare it to the list in the manual. It was totally factory. I went ahead and loaded the Hot Picks pack from V-Expressions. I haven't heard them yet but I'm gonna go out on a limb and use it at a gig tonight and see how they sound. New kit with new module during a gig! This should go well.....

Anyone have any other thoughts on the bell sensitivity?

Comment

did changing the dynamics velocity (p72) not help?

Comment

Changing TrigCurve for the ride to EXP1 or EXP2 as recommended by saku is the only solution. But I'm not sure why you want the bell sounds at all if you think they sound awful.

Bruce

Comment

Changing TrigCurve for the ride to EXP1 or EXP2 as recommended by saku is the only solution. But I'm not sure why you want the bell sounds at all if you think they sound awful.

Bruce
                        If i remember, being too lazy to look at the beginning of the thread, he wants to decrease sensitivity, so that he DOESNT trigger the bell sounds....that's what exp does, doesnt it? it means you have to hit harder to get the same effect.....

unless I have it backwards, in which case he needs log1 instead....

Comment

Yes, your suggestion of EXP2 would produce the bell sound less easily. But if he thinks the bell sounds are awful then why not use a -----Rd sound for the bow instead of -----RdX?

Bruce

Comment

Yes, your suggestion of EXP2 would produce the bell sound less easily. But if he thinks the bell sounds are awful then why not use a -----Rd sound for the bow instead of -----RdX?

Bruce

Comment

I should clarify, the bell sounds aren't good enough to trigger other than when I specify. They're bad, but a bad bell is better than no bell!

Comment

Working...
                              X