Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-85 "metal rattle"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-85 "metal rattle"

I know this has been covered in other threads, but unless I build a riser, I didn't see any other solution. Does anyone know how to reduce or eliminate the "metal rattle" produced by the KD-85? I know its never gonna be silent, but I would like to reduce the noise a little...without having to build a riser.
    Where am I?

Originally posted by XbambamX View Post
    I know this has been covered in other threads, but unless I build a riser, I didn't see any other solution. Does anyone know how to reduce or eliminate the "metal rattle" produced by the KD-85? I know its never gonna be silent, but I would like to reduce the noise a little...without having to build a riser.
    I'm having the same trouble with a KD120... I'm considering just stuffing a bunch of foam all over the place it to keep if from rattling. (not for gigging so I don't care if it's ugly as long as still functional)

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

You could also think about going through all the hardware making sure it is all securely fastened. There shouldnt be metal rattling.
      TDW-20, pd-8 toms, KD-120 kick, a real snare drum, and real cymbals

Comment

I tightened everything. The legs, the brace for the legs. I even tried tensioning the head a little more. Nothing worked. Except when I put my hand over the back of "shell". But I guess a bunch of people on here have the same problem. A few switched from a KD-120 back to a KD-8. Maybe I'll just duct tape a pillow to the back of it or something.
        Where am I?

Comment

Originally posted by sn47som View Post
          You could also think about going through all the hardware making sure it is all securely fastened. There shouldnt be metal rattling.
          It's exactly a rattling that I hear. -hard to describe but you know what it is as soon as you hear it.

Have you ever seen the small spring doorstops? When you accidentally bump them they make that "BOOOOOOIIIINNNG" noise. Similar to that but much short in duration.

Is that what you're hearing too?

It's not a big deal for me. Everything is functioning fine. More of an annoyance.

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
          X