Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mesh heads anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh heads anyone?

Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer of mesh heads to use with ddrum triggers? How are the Kontrol Screen ones? Has anyone tried the Pearl ones?

Originally posted by danicgross View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer of mesh heads to use with ddrum triggers? How are the Kontrol Screen ones? Has anyone tried the Pearl ones?
    I am new to this (just got a DM5Pro a few weeks ago) but my experience with the Pearls was that, at least on my kit, they "clattered" slightly, which caused an instantaneous (but very short-lived) buzz each time I hit them, as they made contact with the pad underneath. I had them tuned pretty tight but still got this little rattle. They certainly didn't make the kit much quieter at all than the original heads, though the timbre of the "thwack" was different - perhaps a bit higher.

But, as I said, I am new to this, so am not sure if my experience is necessarily representative of someone else's who has been at this longer.

MKS

Comment

I use the Hart Magnums and ddrum pro triggers on my converted kit and they work great. I do fill the drums with foam and have a small amount touching the head to mute excessive vibration, which also helps with the bounciness of the mesh.

J
      Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
      Module - Roland TD20X
      Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

I use the roland heads for toms and snare. I use the black 2 ply hart headsfor the bass drum. I use to use the black harts for snare and toms, But I found the rolands have better triggering response. I haven't tried the new harts, There has been alot of good reviews about them. I tried the pearls and they broke quickly.
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
        X