Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-12 .syx File Format???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-12 .syx File Format???

I did some searching on the oracle (Google) but didn't anything... I am hoping that someone might have some link or something...

What I want to do is to figure out the file format of the .syx files that are dumped by the Roland TD-12 module. Does anyone know where one might find some information on that? I was unable to find anything on www.midi.org so perhaps there is none???

If I can't find the info, I will just have to hack the files myself (open them in a hex-editor and figure out which bytes do what) but that would be a time-consuming process... If I can find the info in a different manner, that might be easier.
    Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

As you already found out, this information is not publicly available. Roland considers it proprietary, so they have not released it. If you call or email Roland, they will confirm this.

-SD-

Comment

OK, that means I can't get away with figuring it out AND publishing it ... that might get me in trouble.

What I was aiming to do was to make me a database with all my kits in them, find all instruments and settings and store them in separate fields so that I can manage them more easily rather than having a million .syx files on my harddrive.

I then wanted to share this application as open source or something, but if it is considered proprietary information, I would have to buy a license from Roland or something before I would be able to share such a program with other people.
      Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

Working...
      X