Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10E headphone output died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10E headphone output died?

Well it couldn't last could it....

I came home from a day out and went straight to my kit with my new headphones ($50 Panasonic RP-HTX7) I know I know they are probably junk, I just finished reading alot of threads about HP's and mine aren't mentioned in there lol...

Anyways, before I played with the headphones I turned the stereo that the HP output has been connected to and I only got sound out of one side.. I played with the HP volume adjust and got all kinds of fun stuff coming out.

I put the HP's in and the same thing.

The unit will make sound up until about half way up the volume knob and then there is an "overdrive" sound and then nothing. If I switch it back down the knob the sound returns...

These HP's are 40 ohm, not sure if that is causing a prob (but the stereo didn't seem to work right either).

Since I just picked this unit up a few days back I'll bring it back to the music store and see if they will fix it under warranty.

Any ideas? Oh yeah when I shut the TD-10 off I get a nice "pop" in the headphones that wasn't there before.
    TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

I think surround sound may be your enemy here. Some 3D audio systems work by inverting the phase of a stereo channel part, especially if it's set for some widening effect. Can you switch surround sound off?

Bruce

Comment

If you are reffering to my surround sound system that it is plugged into, I would say no. It started while I had it connected to that system but I went immediately to my headphones, tried two pairs with different connections on each and same prob. It is back at the music shop where I bought it and they are repairing it now. I'll let you know what it was when it comes back

TY for the reply Bart
      TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

Comment

Working...
      X