Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 has noise in some samples!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 has noise in some samples!

Is this some what common? Some of the samples have noise in them! Even in the preview! Is this normal? I cant seem to find any settings to correct the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    TDW-20, pd-8 toms, KD-120 kick, a real snare drum, and real cymbals

Can you tell which samples you are referring to and I will check mine?
    TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

Comment

There are quite a few drum samples that have the noise. One in particular are the Birch toms!! Im so pissed about it cuz these are THE toms I wanted to use.

Comment

I don't hear any noise, but try turning the volume downa bit and see if it goes away. My set is going in for repair because of my volume problem. Just before it goes away completely, around 1/2 way, there is a strong degradation in sound ( I might call it noise ). If I turn the knob back toward the low side I can actually get the drums to sound rather noisy until I get the volume low enough that they are not noisy at all. There is definately a problem though with mine, I think its an amplifier.
        TD10 expanded KD120/PD9/PD100/PD120 playing through a Phillips surround sound system lol

http://www.myspace.com/wolfendalemusic

Comment

What sort of "noise" is it??? Distortion, white noise, what?
          Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

The noise sounds like a mix of snare buzz and reverb after each hit. I use a TD-10, which is awesome, but it doesnt have the snare buzz control that the 12 and 20 modules have unfortunately, so I dont have a snare sound gate. I also turned all the effects off. After doing that, the noise would degrade a little, but its still very apparent in the sample. It only seems to really happen with toms.

I am using an expanded TD-10 module. I would say that 50% of all the tom samples make this unexplainable noise!! How much would it be to send it to Roland to get it looked at and possibly fixed if needed ball park? Its really a bummer, cuz the Birch drums are what I really want to use, but they have the noise in them.

Comment

It has to be a simple setting in the module that I am somehow missing, although I have gone through everything.

Could it have to do with the effects send/return levels?? The effects have been disabled, but somehow it still sounds like there is effect and snare bleeding through about 50% of the tom samples in the module.

Comment

What ambience settings are you using? Try reducing the Ambience Send Level to 0 for the toms (1-4) at STUDIO, AMBNCE (F4), AMBSEND (F1).

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bart, I'll give that a go!!

Comment

It very well may be snare buzz you're hearing. There was snare buzz added to a number of toms and kicks in the TD10. It's an adjustable model in the td20/12 but they are part of the "sample" in the TD10.
                    DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                    Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
                    Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I hope what you mentioned is definite about the snare noise being normal and built into the sample. Did you get that info from Roland? If this is true, then problem solved!

Comment

In the TD-20 2004 NAMM video featuring Steve Fisher, he mentions that "we" used to add snare buzz to a few of the tom tom sounds, but it's now a model in the TD-20.

FYI...The starting point for my toms of choice is the "Ballad" sample and it has the same buzz that the Birch toms do.
                        Last edited by DKaps; 06-26-08, 12:10 AM.
                        DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                        Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
                        Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

Thanks for the info!!

Comment

Working...
                          X