Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FD-7 not working with TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD-7 not working with TD-8

i have just got this kit, it is second hand jobby but the module works perfectly.
    i am having an issue with the hihat controller working though, in that it doesn't work! if unplugged the hihats sound open and when plugged in they sound closed but there is no control with the pedal.
    i cant find any setting for it in the module and have looked through the manual/forums for help with no avail. i have it plugged into the correct socket and tried it with new cables.

any help would be fantastic!!

thank you in advance

el Ginjo,,

Sounds like a physical problem with the pedal, not a module setting. It either needs an internal cleaning or checking that internal connections to the output jack are still connected.

Bruce

Comment

will try opening it up then see. give it a clean and see if i can see any loose wires.

Comment

have now opened it up and cleaned it, there was no loose wires and nothing looked broken and it still doesn't work! :S

is there anything else it could be?

Comment

Did you try another cable? Are you using a stereo or mono cable? I don't think it works with a mono cable.
          Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

yes have tried it with brand new and old ones that i know work both mono and stereo cables and still nothing!

Comment

I would bring it down to a local music store and plug it in to one of their kits.
              Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
              X