Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Please help me choose a drum brain for acoustic jazz and sequencing (Cakewalk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me choose a drum brain for acoustic jazz and sequencing (Cakewalk)

Hello,

I just purchased a Pintech kit for a very good price and am trying to make a decision on the right drum brain model to interface it too. My primary playing is acoustic jazz, so I will add the Roland V-Cymbal Ride, but having all three triggers active is not that big of a deal. I also do not play out, but am looking for sounds that would complement what I already have in my studio.

So my questions are, what would your recommendations for a drum brain be based on my need for:

1) High-quality acoustic drum and cymbal sounds
    2) Ability to send clean midi data from brain to sequencer and vice versa

It seems to come down to the TD-8 vs TD-10 vs the Yamaha DTExtreme. I am just afraid that the Midi Implementation of the Roland Units will not play nicely with Gigastudio and/or Cakewalk, and this would not be suitable.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Nenshad

Well, the Roland and the Yamaha brains work as they should with Gigasampler and Cakewalk, but I doubt if you'll be happy with the acoustic sounds.
    Maybe you should try the Ddrum 4.

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Doesn't the yamaha let you upload your own patches? That would be a sure fire way to get the acoustic sounds you want.

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
        Maybe you should try the ddrum 4.
        What you say ...
        Robert

Comment

Working...
        X