Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting MIDI problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting MIDI problem...

So I've been slowly learning MIDI and using Session Drummer 2 with my Cakewalk Sonar Producer series over the past few days.

Everything was great until yesterday when out of nowhere, the hat and kick switched positions. I thought little of it and figured it was a setting in Sonar that I needed to change.

Well today I go to play the kit without any MIDI and find that all the kits in my TD6V have the kick and hat switched....along with Levels messed up and Pan position swapped.

So, What happened and how can I stop this from happening next time?
    I am only running a midi cord from the out on the module so it cant be receiving anything from Sonar...

If it helps any:
    Sonar 7 Producer
    M-Audio 2496 PCI interface
    Roland TD6V module
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Sure you don't have the cables for inputs 1 and 3 switched on the back of the module?

Bruce

Comment

...ya know, thanks for bringing that up...

I may have done that, I moved the module to my PC to test some MIDI with a USB interface and had to unplug it all, I may have mixed up two cables even though they are labeled...

(goes and checks..)
      And sure enough, thats what happened..

Thanks.
      Dave
      Sonic Orb Studios
      My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
      Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Working...
      X