Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mesh heads on acoustic drums + triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh heads on acoustic drums + triggers

Hi,

I'm looking into getting my first electric kit. I was hoping to be able to convert my old acoustic kit into an electric one, by exchanging the drumheads with those Pearl mesh muffler heads, then using ddrum redshot triggers through the alesis triggerio into EZdrummer or BFD. For cymbals, I was going to get a smarttrigger high-hat and use the visu-lite controller from pintech so I would still be able to use my old stand. I plan to get a smart-trigger ride and probably two pintech TC crashes.

I have a couple of questions -

Has anyone tried (I'm sure people have) using mesh heads on an acoustic drum with triggers? How quiet is it? Does it respond well? Dynamic sound?

What about the high-hat controller? Has anyone heard of it, or know where I can buy it? It seems to be pretty difficult to find.

Thanks!

Hi there, your idea should be fine. An example of this, although using a module, is in my signature. I wouldn't go with the red-shots as the general consensus is they are crap - a lot of them end up second hand on ebay, a bit like the Roland triggers, not a good sign. The pro triggers are spot on, exteremely robust and industry standard, well worth the extra *insert currency of choice here*
    Anyhoo HTH
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Working...
    X