Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using PadKontrol & TD-10 with Cubase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using PadKontrol & TD-10 with Cubase

I've searched the forums and found a LOT of answers about how to use the TD-10 with Cubase, but my situation seems a little different and I'm looking for clarification.

The equipment in question is:
    TD-10 module (has MIDI in & MIDI out/through)
    Korg PadKontrol (has MIDI in & MIDI out/through)
    Edirol UM-3ex MIDI-USB interface. (has 3 MIDI in & 3 MIDI out/through)

This is a snip from post #29165, a reply from The Source:
    "Make sure that your MIDI device is connected to your TD-20 (I'm assuming you've installed it on your PC correctly). Connect the "MIDI out" on your TD-20 to the "MIDI in" on your MIDI device. Also, connect the "MIDI out" on your MIDI device to the "MIDI in" on your TD20. It's all like a big loop you see." The MIDI setup parameters for Cubase followed. Thank you, Source, for the setup information.

So:
    MIDI out of the PK to the MIDI in of the TD-10.
    MIDI out of the TD-10 to MIDI in #1 of the UM-3ex.
    MIDI out #1 of the UM-3ex to MIDI in of the TD-10; or will I be using the MIDI in of the PK?

If I want to use headphones, would they plug into the audio card or the TD-10?

Thanks for the information.
    Dan

It's best to plug the MIDI out of the PK into the MIDI in of the UM-3ex. Then the MIDI out of the UM to the MIDI in of the TD-10. Let Cubase handle the routing of the MIDI from one device to another.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X