Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY-14C Mute Not Triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-14C Mute Not Triggering

My CY-14C crash on my TD-20 had recently stopped muting. Now the set is almost brand new, so there is no way I could've broken it. I suspect a technical problem, is there anyone who can lead me in the right direction so I can find out how to fix this problem?

Do the bow and edge sounds still both work correctly? Have you tried connecting it to another input and have you tried another cable with it?
    Also, double check to make sure the cable is all the way in at both the module and cymbal ends.

Comment

Do as SuperPuss says and check everything first. It could be that if its only the bow thats triggering, there is some loose rubber jammed between the trigger and the outer rubber of the cymbal. You can open these cymbals quite easy to clean out these loose parts of rubber and also wipe away the rubber residue that can build up on the triggers as well.

If its a newish cymbal, you may want to take it back to the store and get them to fix it for you but it is easy to do yourself.

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
      *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

Well, its only triggering the bow hits. I switched another cymbal to the same cable and the cymbal worked fine. The cymbal that has problems is still not triggering edge hits with the new cable. I took it apart and cleaned it, but I still have the same problem.

I would take it back to the shop, but I had it shipped to the Philippines from LA. There is a Roland dealership here, but they don't sell the TD-20's. Do you think I could get a replacement at that shop?

Comment

Make sure you check not only on the trigger but look at the rubber covering as well, something could be still attached. Also, make sure you check the full length of the trigger.

Is the trigger in good condition, still stuck in place or has it started to peel away?

You could also try moving the edge of the rubber back and forward when its all assembled, could be the rubber is not seated properly just now.

The Roland dealership should be able to get you any Roland stuff that you need I would have thought.

TIP. When you are putting the rubber back into position, put some cooking oil on your finger and rub it around the groove the rubber goes into, you will find it goes in a lot easier.

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
          *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

warranty...

ey navaros...

i imagine your CY-14C came with some semblance of a warranty.
            which shop were you referring to?
            I only know a coupla shops that carry Roland: Perfect Pitch and (yes) the Yamaha stores.

i've been salivating after the TD-20S for a while now, and Perfect Pitch tells me they do carry them--on Order-basis, though.

check with Perfect Pitch to see if they can make arrangements for product replacement.

laters,
            ~K

Comment

Originally posted by ksincher View Post
              ey navaros...

i imagine your CY-14C came with some semblance of a warranty.
              which shop were you referring to?
              I only know a coupla shops that carry Roland: Perfect Pitch and (yes) the Yamaha stores.

i've been salivating after the TD-20S for a while now, and Perfect Pitch tells me they do carry them--on Order-basis, though.

check with Perfect Pitch to see if they can make arrangements for product replacement.

laters,
              ~K
              i discovered. Perfect Pitch and the Yamaha Stores here are owned by the same company: Yupangco. so i guess it won't make a difference where you ask. and they are THE only dealers back here.

which is quite sad, since they have monopoly, so there goes any chance of price reduction due to competition.

Comment

Working...
              X