Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help!! KD-120 kick hits cancel out randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!! KD-120 kick hits cancel out randomly

Please help!! KD-120 kick hits cancel out randomly when simultaneously played with hi-hat. Its probably a small issue, but extremely irritating!! I am thinking its an advanced trigger setting that needs to be fixed on my TD-10. Any help would be very appreciated!
    TDW-20, pd-8 toms, KD-120 kick, a real snare drum, and real cymbals

Set Crosstalk for the kick to OFF at SETUP, TRIG (F1), ADVNCD (F3).

Bruce

Comment

TD-8 same problem

I think I have the same problem with my TD-8 if I understood this original post. When I hit my kick at the same time as the HH or the cymbals, about 20% of the time the HH or cymbal does not trigger. Being new to this, I'm wondering what is the best fix on the TD-8. I am using Hart Pro drums and Ecymbals.

Would this solution (posted above) be correct for me as well?

Thanks in advance,

-Cram

Comment

Originally posted by Cramsession View Post
        I think I have the same problem with my TD-8 if I understood this original post. When I hit my kick at the same time as the HH or the cymbals, about 20% of the time the HH or cymbal does not trigger. Being new to this, I'm wondering what is the best fix on the TD-8. I am using Hart Pro drums and Ecymbals.

Would this solution (posted above) be correct for me as well?
        Not exactly. If it's the HH or cymbal which does not always trigger (his was the kick), then that's where you need to reduce the Crosstalk Cancel setting. And for cymbals mounted on a rack you almost certainly wouldn't want to switch it off completely like you can do for a kick trigger. But reducing by a notch or two may solve your problem.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

I'll give that a try.

-Cram

Comment

It worked! Turned the Xtalk to OFF for the kick and its great!
            TDW-20, pd-8 toms, KD-120 kick, a real snare drum, and real cymbals

Comment

Working...
            X