Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Sensitivity with Addictive Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Sensitivity with Addictive Drums

Greetings! I recently tackled the challenge of incorporating Addictive Drums (v 1.1.1) into my arsenal of sounds but I have one nagging problem--pad sensitivity. My setup includes a DIY e-kit (roland cones, Hart Magnum heads), Roland TD-8 module with MIDI connected to my Macbook via M-Audio Midisport Uno and M-Audio Firewire Solo interface for output. I host AD on GarageBand, and it works for me. I was pretty successful using it in a live situation, although I think my bandmates are leary of a crash [I have a Mac, not a PC guys! ]

I really like the sounds and the increased responsiveness of the snare in particular, and the toms and cymbals sound great as well. My issue however is with the Ride. My cymbal pads are all CY-8's with the sensitivity set at 10, threshold at 0, and scan time at 1.0 (for my Ride). I really have to pound the heck out of the ride for it to trigger and even then it is fairly inconsistent. I tried to increase the sensitivity, all the way up to 16, but it didn't seem to help. Do I need to adjust a combination of parameters to get the right response?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You don't say what the cymbals are, what are they? Do they trigger O.K. triggering the module? If so, is have you tried turning up the relative volume of the ride within Addictive Drums?

Comment

Scan time of 1.0 is low for a CY-8 on a TD-8. The recommended setting for that combination is 2.0.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jude View Post
        You don't say what the cymbals are, what are they? Do they trigger O.K. triggering the module? If so, is have you tried turning up the relative volume of the ride within Addictive Drums?
        The cymbal pads are CY-8's and the cymbal selected on AD is the Paiste 3000 ride. I believe I turned the volume slider up all the way or close to it. Do I need to turn the "output" under the edit screen all the way up, too? The module triggers fine--I guess the ride's always been a little finicky but not this bad (I've tested my other pads on this channel, and it's not the pad).

@BarT: I'll try to make that adjustment on the scan time to see if this helps.

Thanks guys--I'll get back to you on the result after this morning's practice!

Comment

I really have to pound the heck out of the ride for it to trigger and even then it is fairly inconsistent
          Maybe change the velocity-curve on your module?

Comment

I did do some tweaking regarding the curves and scan time and seem to have found an acceptible setting. Now to address the latency and signal-out strength...

Thanks,
            Bryan

Comment

Working...
            X