Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about the TD3 [and Hart pads/pedal]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the TD3 [and Hart pads/pedal]

i have a td-3kw drums set. i have a few question about my module in term of upgrading things about it. i do plan on buying a better module, but right now i am looking more toward pads.

would a hart professional 13" snare work properly with my module?

would the hart pro toms work properly with my module?

i know the td3 is not variable sensetive, but would a hart epedal II stand variable work as normal hi hat and use the kd-8 pedal to control the open - closed actions.

thanks for your time.

Welcome to the forum! And yes to the snare and toms. They will work just fine with the TD-3. As to the EPedalII, I'm not sure as I don't own one, but it should work fine within the limitations of the TD-3.
    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

thanks for the information. plan on building onto my roland kits with hart hardware.

going to buy one peice at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by gh05t713 View Post
        thanks for the information. plan on building onto my roland kits with hart hardware.

going to buy one peice at a time.
        That's how I did it. Have fun!
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Just my two cents, but I'd suggest saving your pennies and upgrading the module first. You'll have more inputs, and it will feel more like you've made a true upgrade. Anything higher up the Roland food chain will give you more flexibility to truly enjoy what larger, improved pads have to offer.

Happy to see you considering Hart gear. Good stuff.

Best of luck.
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

I agree with V(ader)DRUMMER. The module upgrade has a bigger impact then the pad upgrade, since you will still trigger the same sounds with new pads.

Comment

Basically, a TD3 works fine with an E-Pedal II.
              I have used a TD3 with that same pedal, and upgraded
              to a TD20, because of more inputs, positional sensing, etc.
              It all depends on the software you want to use with it;
              DFH Superior has excellent hihat-control with Hart hardware, and Roland TD-modules
              Addictive Drums has no e-drum support whatsoever.
              With DFH and a TD3, I can play many articulations, even foot splashes,
              because DFH supports the use of incoming CC#04-data.
              With Addictive Drums, you can use a third-party program like E-drum Midi Mapper from chaoticbox.com, to assign the note numbers to Addictive Drums.
              But it's PC-only..
              I think you can use your module just fine with Hart snares and toms.

Cheers!

Comment

I'm not a genuine drummer and am an e-drum noob but I wouldn't take DaveC's Addictive Drums bashing to hart. It appears his complaints are centered around MIDI note mapping as opposed to AD just plain sucking. It's plenty easy enough to remap MIDI notes, you can do it in your module, your AD host program, some third party MIDI mapper. Plenty of fairly easy options.

Comment

Working...
                X