Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Td 12 Mono out clipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td 12 Mono out clipping

Hey folks,
    Wanted to put this question out there before I take my module in for servicing. The other night during a gig when I powered up and turned up the volume on my module, I got a bad clip/snap sound from the speakers of our P.A. with the volume knob at about 10 o'clock. I went through the usual steps of changing all cables etc. I eliminated all the possibilities of faulty cables, D.I. boxes etc. and what I found was that the module will clip or "snap" in the speakers when I have any patch cable coming out of the mono out and only once the volume is turned up to around 10 o'clock. This does not happen if I am coming out of the right main or the direct outs, only the mono out. If I leave the volume higher or lower then the 10 o'clock position then it is fine.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so what the remedy was, or am I destined to be without my module in the service department for 2 to 3 weeks?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Modified TD-12 Kit
    PD-120,3 PD-100's,KD-8 Kick Trigger/20 in DIY Bass Drum,Smartrigger Cymbals,VH-12 Hi Hat,Pearl P1000 Kick Pedal,D.W. Delta 5500 Hi Hat Stand,Peavey KB-4 Amp

I think you should try separately switching off Compression, EQ, Ambience and Effects by using F4 (FX SW) from the kit screen. Does this happen on all kits or only one kit? It's quite possible that the cause is a PA mixer setting rather than a module defect. Direct output levels would often be lower, and the right output is only half stereo.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks for the reply, BarT. I did try the module on a completely different mixer and also on a keyboard amp with the same result so I know it's not a mixer problem. On closer examination tonight I noticed that the volume knob has some play in it. I can literally move it slightly from side to side. Of course when I do this I get the same effect. So please forgive my lack of electronic knowledge and language but it seems to "short out" when I ether turn it up or as I discovered tonight, wiggle it.
      It seems to me that perhaps the knob has gotten loose from placing the module in and out of a lap top bag being used as a gig bag. That being said would this be an easy fix for an electronics shop or would I risk damaging the module in the process?

Thanks
      Modified TD-12 Kit
      PD-120,3 PD-100's,KD-8 Kick Trigger/20 in DIY Bass Drum,Smartrigger Cymbals,VH-12 Hi Hat,Pearl P1000 Kick Pedal,D.W. Delta 5500 Hi Hat Stand,Peavey KB-4 Amp

Comment

Working...
      X