Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Ecymbal2 Hihat users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ecymbal2 Hihat users

Morning Brothers and Sisters,

My Hart Ecymbal Hihat (metal, rubber trapezoidal silence pad on top) has been givin me some trouble. I seem to be getting double triggering or perhaps missed triggering...not sure.

The rubber on top has come loose which I'm sure is a part of the problem. It's prone to do from time to time but fixed fairly easily. I will reattach with 3M 90 adhesive. That fix usually lasts for months before having to do again and seems to help, but not fully kill the tirggering problem. It seems like the "trigger box" on the bottom is a bit loose and if I move it slightly it will "trigger". (I'm using this with the Hart Epedal 2 stand...don't think that has any bearing on this...but..just in case.)

Anyone else had this happen with the trigger/triggering? Looking for answers that don't involve sending the cymbal to Hart...at least not yet. Has the lifetime warranty of course, but I don't want all that down time while it gets repaired.

Has anyone tried removing the rivets attaching the box to the cymbal and securing with a nut and bolt or new rivets etc?

-Any insight is greatly appreciated!!!

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

I think you were spying on me for the last week or so... I'm having the EXACT same problem. I was also looking at some of the other rivets, and a couple of them are starting to work their way out. I was just thinking of putting new rivets in myself. As for the connection box, the rivets are still fairly good looking, so I might just take a center punch and anvil and massage them back in nice and tight.

I'm probably not going to do this for another few days, so if you beat me to it, lemme know how it works for you

Comment

Hey E,

As you might remember, I was having the same problem and I almost got to the point where I was going to foresake the Hart hat in favor of a VH-11. The pad never came loose, but the trigger housing, like yours, could be moved around. I never got double-triggering, but it did mistrigger all the time. I also didn't feel like having the downtime that went along sending it into Hart.

Now here's the weird part, since I got that TD-12, I haven't had ANY problems. I just used the recommended from Hart and it works great. No mistriggering...no issues whatsoever. I am starting to wonder if it was some sort of limitation in the TD-6V that was causing all the problems. I jacked around with the settings when I had it on the TD-6V to frustration and to no avail. But with the TD-12...all has been well. That's the closest to an explanation as I have come to.
      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
        Now here's the weird part, since I got that TD-12, I haven't had ANY problems. I just used the recommended from Hart and it works great. No mistriggering...no issues whatsoever. I am starting to wonder if it was some sort of limitation in the TD-6V that was causing all the problems. I jacked around with the settings when I had it on the TD-6V to frustration and to no avail. But with the TD-12...all has been well. That's the closest to an explanation as I have come to.

Hmmmmmmm... man I'm stumped. I'm going to screw around with the trigger settings again today...??? Maybe the drummer in my cover band screwed with them. We'll see when I get home. (I'm on a TD10 exp...but I don't think that should ahve too much bearing on it it was working ok....)

E
        - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I'm with FB, I think it's the module. You and I are on the same module, same Hart HH setup and yes, mine can be twitchy.
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
            I'm with FB, I think it's the module. You and I are on the same module, same Hart HH setup and yes, mine can be twitchy.
            Good point... hmm.. Do you have yours set to Hart specs or or slight variation?

E

Comment

Simple Fix

Same problem here....simple fix if you do not require foot spash. Use a mono-cable.
              Scott-n-KY
              TD-20 with Hart Dynamics Pro 6.4 HH TE3.2

Comment

Working...
              X