Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD Module as Headphone Monitor Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD Module as Headphone Monitor Preamp

StephenJ
    2-Trapkats / TD12

Make sure the Mix-In is only assigned to the Headphones and not the main outs. Otherwise you will give evryone a migraine with all the feedback.

Also see if can get a drumless send from the monitor mix so you can control the drum to instrument level for you.
    sigpic

Comment

saving your hearing

Another probelm is i don't think the module has a limiter built in, so in case of a power surge or a careless sound engineer you can loose your heering... easily.
      Also you will get a mono signal in one ear only - but that can be fixed with a little adaptor so at least you hear the signal in both ears in mono.
      good luck.
      Oren

Comment

Michael Render,
        "...Make sure the Mix-In is only assigned to the Headphones and not the main outs..."
        ~ I can do that

"...get a drumless send from the monitor mix so you can control the drum to instrument level for you..."
        ~ I'll give that a try

viva1924,
        We don't have a Sound Engineer so no problem there...as far as a power surge...well...here's to livin' dangerously

Excellent points guys...many thanks,
        StephenJ
        StephenJ
        2-Trapkats / TD12

Comment

Originally posted by viva1924 View Post
          Another probelm is i don't think the module has a limiter built in, so in case of a power surge or a careless sound engineer you can loose your heering... easily.
          Also you will get a mono signal in one ear only - but that can be fixed with a little adaptor so at least you hear the signal in both ears in mono.
          good luck.
          Oren

hey, i had that mono signal problem too, but i just thought it was it was a problem/limitation of the mixer we were using. what kind of adapter fixes this?

otherwise, i have used an input from the mixer to the module mix-in, routed only through the headphones and it worked great, despite the mono. i liked having the monitors directly in my ears...i'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            hey, i had that mono signal problem too, but i just thought it was it was a problem/limitation of the mixer we were using. what kind of adapter fixes this?
            One of these should do the trick: 1/4" Stereo Plug to 1/4" Mono Jack Adapter; $2.99 at Radio Shack

(But not one of these; 1/4" Stereo Jack to 1/4" Mono Plug Headphone Adapter; $2.99 at Radio Shack)

Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X