Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

:confused: What should I buy ?? :confused:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :confused: What should I buy ?? :confused:

I m buying V-Custom soon, perhaps anyone feel like help me with some good experienced advice,
    as a matter of fact there are some changes I going to make,
    Love to hear yore comments Ö.

Well, the basic will be V-Custom set,

1.Instead of the 2 PD-7 that supposed to stand for cymbal Iíll take the new CY-6 (the new cymbal comes with the TD-6 model, I played it in the srore and it is mach more real than the pads)

2.replace the KD-80 with a cheap KD-7 Ė Iím playing single pedal any wayÖ

3.Iím not sure it is necessary to have mesh-head for all 3 toms, perhaps Iíll take 3 duel trigger rubber pads around the same price.

4.Is it just me or this set is missing a ride ?? - way not adding a CR-15R (Will it work properly with the TD-8 ?

Dose the TD-10 worthy fore this price difference ???

Soon to be a V- drummer Ö. D-bass

Building a kit from scratch might be the way to go for you. Using the CY-6's and the KD-7 is a good idea for starters. I replaced my KD-80 with a KD-7 because I think the KD-80 was too bouncy. The mesh heads are worth their money so I would use those and you might want to get a bigger snare like a PD-120. For a ride I would use a PD-7 or PD-9. If you are planning on taking this set on the road or moving it around a lot I would buy a Gibraltar rack. Or you should atleast replace all of the plastic clamps because they will break if you are moving the kit around. After all of that you should be pretty happy with your kit and it should last you years.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Bass:
      3.Iím not sure it is necessary to have mesh-head for all 3 toms, perhaps Iíll take 3 duel trigger rubber pads around the same price.
      I don't know for sure but I think others here do; does the TD-8 have enough stereo inputs when using a double trigger pad for snare, 3 toms and ride?
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
        ... does the TD-8 have enough stereo inputs when using a double trigger pad for snare, 3 toms and ride?
        Yes it does.

Comment

Originally posted by ADD:
          Using the CY-6's and the KD-7 is a good idea for starters

For a ride I would use a PD-7 or PD-9.

I would buy a Gibraltar rack. Or you should atleast replace all of the plastic clamps.

1. where can i find prices for the Gibraltar Rack and what exactly do i need included in it ?

2.what is the price for the CY-6's ?

10x !!

Comment

The Gibraltar rack can be found at any online retailer like marsmusic.com, musiciansfriend.com, midwestpercussion.com.
            Also any local music shop should be able to get a rack and the L-rods to attach the pads.

I think the CY-6's are around $100.

[This message has been edited by ADD (edited June 07, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
            X