Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. 880 with td3 midi thru problems pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. 880 with td3 midi thru problems pls help

Hello everbody, I am new in this forum, thank you for reading this. I was trying to find a solution for my problem but i didnt see anything. I am trying to send midi from Boss Dr. 880 to different equipments( moog little phatty, yamaha ypt 300 keyboard etc... and most importantly roland td3 drums). since i have one midi out from dr. 880, I got a midi thru box from my local music shop. its called midiman. on the box it says " 1 in and 4 outs" i connected the midi thru box from dr. 880's midi out. and from midi thru box's out to roland td3, moog synt and yamaha keyboard. moog synt did work very well I was able to hear the bass line. and also from yamaha keyboard. but td3 didnt work at all(both midi channels were set to 10 for drums-td3 and dr.880). I tried each midi out from the midi thru box but still negative. after all, when I make a connection from dr. 880's out directly to td3's midi in it works.
    but in that case i cant send midi to my other equipments. Is there any way to sole this problem or is there any setting for it. Thank you very much for your time.

I had the same problem when I tried to hook an old midi module to my td-3... I gave up and sold the module!
    good luck!
    TL

Comment

Can't you just chain all the devices together, instead of using the merger? I think the TD-3 has soft thru, and most other devices will have either soft thru or a dedicated midi thru -everything that gets sent to the TD-3's in will get sent to the out, where you connect the next device. AFAIK you can chain up to 16 devices using midi. Could be wrong though.......... Oh, and welcome both!

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, time and suggestions. I already tried to chain up all my devices but it does not work. from td3's midi out I can not send midi to other devices(when I chain up everything). I think that td3 doesn't have soft thru... I also heard from my friend that td3 doesn't have soft thru capability..... I am not sure how to solve this problem but I don't think, I will be able to sell or change td3,,,

Comment

Sorry... I meant I sold the old module... my trusty TD3's still keeping me (mostly) happy!

TL

Comment

Working...
          X