Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing more than one CY12RC on a TD-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing more than one CY12RC on a TD-20

Hi guys,
    Hopefully someone can answer this question. Thanks to those who have already tried to help me on a separate (unrelated) post
    Anyway, I have a TD-20 and I have 2 CY-12RC cymbals. I have one setup with the regular Ride and Edge inputs...no problem. Now I want to set up a second one using the CRASH 2 and Aux 2 inputs. I have both trigger inputs set to CY-12RC and tried turning off different RIMs and HEADS, but I get bleeding of sounds. For example, Crash 2 RIM is Sound A, Crash 2 HEAD is off, Aux 2 Head is Sound B and RIM is sound C. When I hit the CRASH 2 edge I can hear Aux 2 head sound. The same happens if I set Crash 2 rim and head to 2 different sounds, turn off Aux 2 Head and have a separate sound on Aux 2 Rim(Which is apparently the Bell of the CY-12).
    Confused? I am too. I just want 3 distinct sounds (Edge, Bow and Bell) using the CY-12RC and 2 inputs.
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the ability to keep the triggers from bleeding are built into the software. And only available on the Ride inputs.
    sigpic

Comment

But you may be able to minimize it by raising Xtalk Cancel for the "head" trigger, lowering Threshold for the other input, and try putting those two inputs into their own Xtalk Group.

Bruce

Comment

Great info thanks. What about using a mono cable for one of the inputs?

Comment

That will knock out one of your triggers, but won't help the problem you are trying to solve which is to isolate the bow from the two rim triggers so that you don't activate the bow when you hit the rim or bell - hence the idea of trying to alter the cross-talk and threshold levels to prevent this.

The easiest solution - buy another pad and have two dual zone pads instead of one 3 zone pad.... and as a bonus you'll get an extra sound!

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
            The easiest solution - buy another pad and have two dual zone pads instead of one 3 zone pad.... and as a bonus you'll get an extra sound!
            That makes too much sense. I think he should clone the memory inside the module, reverse engineer it and create his own software upgrade. But that's just what I would do.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm assuming then, that when I see pics of guys with more than 1 CY-12RC, only one is being used as a 3-way trigger? Perhaps they prefer the feeling of the Cy-12 compared to the CY-8? ANyway, I give up. I'm going back to 2 CY-8's and a CY-12RC. Thanks for all thye opinions. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X